|
Author Topic:   Tread Marks Editor
Charliey
posted June 22, 2000 04:29 PM            
Ive written a small program in vb that lets you easily edit the .ent files, heres my web site: www.geocities.com/tm_editor/ The program isnt quite done yet, you can download the source code too.

------------------

IP:

swisher
posted June 23, 2000 08:51 AM            
I actually don't write mods, but I looked at it anyway. It looks good and easy to use. A few suggestions (shooting from the hip, here):

a. Where each field is listed on the left, perhaps convert these to drop-downs containing all of the possible choices based on what's in the target directory. For example, for Texture, list all possible textures (sprites/LumpyFire1.bmp, sprites/PlasmaOrange.bmp, sprites/LaserBall.bmp, etc.). Do this for every applicable field (Texture, mesh, mesh1, secmesh, secmesh, secmesh1, secmesh2, etc.)

b. Add and integrety checker capability. This would let the modder assure that all of the references he/she is making are valid files, paths, .bmp's, sounds, etc. Take it astep further and also assure that the casing (i.e., UPPER, lower, MiXeD is correct); I'm fairly certain that TM is case-sensitive, as I've seen messages appear when running a server saying that files wern't found, and the only thing I had to do was change the referenced file's casing to match that of the error message.

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited June 23, 2000).]

IP:

Charliey
posted June 23, 2000 04:57 PM            
Thanks for the feedback, i found what the bug in is it, it makes the scale 0, i cant find the problem, so i might take Scale out of it alltogether, cuz i dont know how useful it is.

For the graphics i was thinking of making a browes button that would give you a standard open box then it would copy the bmp file to the textures directory.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP:

swisher
posted June 24, 2000 05:14 PM            
For those of you who haven't seen the editor, here is a screen shot:

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited June 24, 2000).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 24, 2000 06:40 PM            
Visual TM++ anyone?

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 24, 2000 09:28 PM            
This still dose not work on my PC

------------------
-------------------------
DvsDuke

DvsMod at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 24, 2000 09:50 PM            
Nyah Nyah!!!!!!!

IP:

Charliey
posted June 25, 2000 12:13 AM            
Thanks for posting the screen shot, i didnt have time when i put the site up. Ill work on it on monday and include the tab strip ocx so it will work. Theres another bug with the scale property, it sets it to 0 for the tanks, and im trying to figure out why its doing that. I should have a new version up on monday.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 25, 2000 06:10 PM            
sssuuuurrrrreeeee you will......

IP:

Charliey
posted June 26, 2000 10:52 PM            
Its monday and i have a new version up: www.geocities.com/tm_editor/

In the new version the scale properties bug is fixed, and i have included a set up program with the needed windows files.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP:

Ron371
posted June 26, 2000 11:48 PM            
To Cool!!!
It now work for me.
The url to the files are wrong but I got it any way.
Going to have some fun NOW...
Thanks Charliey

(aka)Ronnie

IP:

Charliey
posted June 26, 2000 11:58 PM            
Thanks, i fixed the link problem.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 30, 2000 11:33 AM            
Hey, why don't you preview the objects... all you need is 3dwin (which is freeware0 to be chained to your program then it could probably do something like previewing the object...

IP:

Charliey
posted June 30, 2000 02:32 PM            
ok, ill look into 3Dwin. im also planning for it to read in all the files from specific directorie, that way it would be able to edit custom files.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP:

DOOMSAYER
posted July 05, 2000 09:14 AM         
hey Chuck,
I downloaded your program and it seems to work ok. But can you give me some idea as to what to change and to what?
It's a bit thin on help function.
I see people have been making suggestions to you, like make it offer all possible options, but I appreciate that is a lot of work.
So if you could just give me a couple of mod examples to get me going, that would be great.
laters dude

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 15, 2000 06:12 PM            
why you tell me later when you talk to charley?

IP:

Hawk
posted July 24, 2000 11:12 AM            
Because he doesn't like you. You're too obsessed with cookie dough. And you shall never, ever get the last post. I shall assure it. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA

IP:

Dudymas
posted July 24, 2000 11:33 AM            
why?

IP:

Hawk
posted July 24, 2000 11:34 AM            
...Just because I said so

IP:

Charliey
posted July 26, 2000 12:00 PM            
Im working hard on a new version of TM Editor. Its got many new features, including a list of all the textures in the texture box, and it now edits the World (tankgod.ent) and ammo files.

------------------
-Charlie
(aka Chuck)

IP: