|
Author Topic:   DvsMod 3.4 "Uhh i like flying tanks"
DvsDuke
posted June 20, 2000 11:57 PM            
Now with the JumpGun and Shatter Missile
------------------------------------------
http://www.dvsduke.com/games/TM/files/dvsmod.zip

DvsMod 3.4 Server Friendly (ONLY) use this one for single also (updated June 21, 2000 )

Version Number is the number of added things by the tenth so if I have 20 things NEW in here it would be version 2.0 ok then I will keep this structure.

Current Version is 3.4

new weapons = 16

tank weapons = 12

new tanks = 6

This mod only comes in a server type now due to the TM server not wanting to DL models and textures so till then it will be server only. NOTE this can be used in single play and it works just fine, how do you think I can test my own mod :P

Extract Into your Add-ons Folder

New Features:

Tank Specific Weapons: Allot of the tanks now have there own special weapon not the standard 120mm shell so there is allot more variety and every tank is different (Even more are balanced and have there own fire)

New Weapons:

Diggin Drill: Yes i brought it back, now start going deep into the earth and have fun

Jump Gun: A strange weapon that one it hits makes a pit under you then once your on the bottom it sends you WAY in the air.

Shatter Missile: Missile Packed with bullets and nails that explodes on impact sending shrapnel at the tanks around it..looks kinda like a firework

Shot Gun: A large spread of 30mm shells that is similar to a shot gun this I have worked on to get it just right but I think I got it right...have fun

Liquid Bubble: My 1st real Liquid Based weapon not that great but its a bunch of bubbles that spread out and slide around...deadly

Fake Tank: Toeing a tank behind you that is a very dumb AI that is a kamikaze tank Muahaha Death in disguise.

Xploding Dirt: Flaming Dirt Ball that chunks on impact tons of little dirt balls resulting in spires and mound hills.

TrueLaser: While playing TM I thought to my self a laser is not just one shot...its a constant beam so this laser has a always on laser that intensifies into a tank killing weapon!

Destructo Disk Gun: Yes one more from DBZ just like the attack but shot from a gun, if any one can tell me how to get the disk to spin PLEASE tell me im also going to add some sort of tail to it soon.

Renzoku Cannon: If you have seen DBZ and seen this attack you know what I mean if not its a multi-projectile smooth blue (devastating) slightly homing

Plasma Trap: Creates a Curved Crater and places a nice mine in the bottom

Fire Mine: Think of "evil comet of hell" hehe

MIRV: (multiple independently target-able reentry vehicle) one single rocket after a few secs will home in and launch about 10 other rockets to seek and destroy, effective and cool to look at

Napalm Strike : Self Explanatory

Nuke 5M: Very strong nuke that can make a lake very fast and take out the strongest group of tanks.

MIRV Nuke: MIRV Equipped with 3 Nuclear Warheads that will home but just about the same power as a normal nuke. (Awe the Lake Maker)

------------------
-------------------------
DvsDuke

DvsMod at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

Rex R
posted June 21, 2000 01:38 AM            
not to be to picky about it but, mayhap a suggestion/question
could you add the version number to the archive name? as in DvsMod3.4.zip
I like to on occasion glance back at older versions and if one left clicks on the file... they tend to be overwritten

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 21, 2000 02:02 AM            
Yea i have thought of that myself..i will do so...your wish is my command From now on i will name this Zip file with the version number

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

Rex R
posted June 21, 2000 03:19 AM            
thank you. I did grab v3.4 (and 2.9) Q if I manage to get an announcer for the 1/2track (tank) wouldst you be interested?

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 21, 2000 03:44 AM            
Well as for now im not doing any art or models or sound for TM cause the servers dont support it this mod wold be much more if i could so tanks but i cant accept it right now do you have ICQ so i may talk to you insted of this walkie talkie of a BB?

Also, be expecting Screen Shots of my mod on my web site soon i got a JPG compressor thats very good...so get ready for some cool shots

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

swisher
posted June 21, 2000 08:52 AM            
Hey, DvsDuke. As I mentioned before, I think it would be nice to have another zip file that includes all of your textures, etc. I know that the server version works with single-player mode, but users don't get to see all of your cool weapon textures, .bmp's, models, etc.

Here's how it would work:

People running servers would download the server version and run it. Every other person could download the texturized version of the zip. This way, everyone who plays a server will get the SYNCING entities message and they will be playing server only version of your mods. People who want to get the full visual affect of your mods could play single player. If anyone wanted to run a texturized server version, they would have to warn people that they must download and install the texturied zip file.

This means you would have to maintain two zip files: One for the server only (as it is now), and another for the texturized version (by texturized, I mean the one with new .bmp's, models, etc. [as your very first zip file was]).

It's just a thought -- I know that the weapons would behave the same, but would just look a LOT cooler on the texturized version.

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 21, 2000 12:16 PM            
Yes,i have thoguht of it then in my case i constany tweak many parts of my mod i have over a 100d ents and well it would be chaos for me if i had to do what i do times 2 as for now i will just keep it a non-art models version just for times sake .

I really cant make the LUVs for the models just yet so if i were to use my models there would be no textures for them they would remain shiny, look on my web site at the laser test thats what the laser looks like and you also can download my older single player version if you want...

Any one is welxome to Aid me in a singleplayer version fi they wish but i will bedoing a fullversion once the servers support it..

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

Rex R
posted June 21, 2000 01:13 PM            
at the moment I don't do ICQ sorry. this might change in the future. however as you know I do do email. in any case have not heard back from my brother yet bout the vox file. soo you could say I were testing the water so to type

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 21, 2000 03:46 PM            
ummmmm, that's nasty, you do do e-mail!
I think we should give Rex ten lashings with a wet noodle for being perverted and evil without my supervision so that'd be worse!

------------------
;- I am the brained!!!
i am Dudey!!!!!!!! I am having too much time on my hands to be typing this.... i guess :-P
but why?????

IP:

peeet
posted June 21, 2000 09:38 PM         
heh heh... dudy said doo-doo

IP:

Rex R
posted June 22, 2000 01:40 AM            
no... I'm strange and wierd (hard work that, but some one has to do it)
and I think I'm safely out of range of most of the TM weapons

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 22, 2000 01:46 AM            
Gerr you Sir get ICQ i must talk to another all- ighter type dude :P cause no one i know in the TM arena stays up as late as me and you....PLZ get ICQ :P

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

UFO64
posted June 22, 2000 05:02 PM            
is there a site for your mod? If you dont have one and want one, i can make one for you. (i have front page 2000) But any way, i want to know what are ALL the stuff in the mod (unless it was that listr at the top, playing the game with that stuff alonw would be fun, but more.....)

------------------

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 22, 2000 05:10 PM            
Dude...look at the bottom of all my post www.dvsduke.com i host my mod on that and yes all that on tom is the whole mod look at the screen shots on my sites or on a post i made a day back....

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

UFO64
posted June 22, 2000 08:02 PM            
thanks

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 22, 2000 08:31 PM            
Well version 3.5 or 3.6 is coming out soon expext to see the POGO and possible the Trench Maker...these 2 weapons are STRONG strat setters...to run or to inhibbit...well this mod is really lifting off to become more like a diffrent version of the game... well if any one has suggestions or comments plz let me know

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

UFO64
posted June 22, 2000 10:09 PM            
try to make a "box bomb". It would be funny in a race to fire a bomb and enamy takn and have a "box" pop up around them, slowing them down a lot.

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 23, 2000 03:26 AM            
yeah, let's put a stamp on one to ship Sardine over to south africa to work under our own slave mining companies for rare, explosive, radioactive materials. Sardine has been verty nasty to try to bribe Congress more than me... not that i don't mind your incouraging legal sales of tanks to people under the age of 18, but not below the age of 8 (sorry DVS).

------------------
;- I am the brained!!!
i am Dudey!!!!!!!! I am having too much time on my hands to be typing this.... i guess :-P
but why?????

IP: