|
Author Topic:   DvsMod 2.9 Whoohoo
DvsDuke
posted June 17, 2000 04:05 AM            
http://www.dvsduke.com/games/TM/files/dvsmod.zip
DvsMod 2.9 Server Friendly (ONLY) use this one for single also (updated June 17)

Version Number is the number of added things by the tenth so if I have 20 things NEW in here it would be version 2.0 ok then I will keep this structure.

Current Version is 2.9

new weapons = 13

tank weapons = 12

new tanks = 4

This mod only comes in a server type now due to the TM server not wanting to DL models and textures so till then it will be server only. NOTE this can be used in single play and it works just fine, how do you think I can test my own mod :P

Extract Into your Add-ons Folder

New Features:

Tank Specific Weapons: Allot of the tanks now have there own special weapon not the standard 120mm shell so there is allot more variety and every tank is different (Even more are balanced and have there own fire)

New Weapons:

Shot Gun: A large spread of 30mm shells that is similar to a shot gun this I have worked on to get it just right but I think I got it right...have fun

Liquid Bubble: My 1st real Liquid Based weapon not that great but its a bunch of bubbles that spread out and slide around...deadly

Fake Tank: Toeing a tank behind you that is a very dumb AI that is a kamikaze tank Muahaha Death in disguise.

Xploding Dirt: Flaming Dirt Ball that chunks on impact tons of little dirt balls resulting in spires and mound hills.

TrueLaser: While playing TM I thought to my self a laser is not just one shot...its a constant beam so this laser has a always on laser that intensifies into a tank killing weapon!

Destructo Disk Gun: Yes one more from DBZ just like the attack but shot from a gun, if any one can tell me how to get the disk to spin PLEASE tell me im also going to add some sort of tail to it soon.

Renzoku Cannon: If you have seen DBZ and seen this attack you know what I mean if not its a multi-projectile smooth blue (devastating) slightly homing

Plasma Trap: Creates a Curved Crater and places a nice mine in the bottom

Fire Mine: Think of "evil comet of hell" hehe

MIRV: (multiple independently target-able reentry vehicle) one single rocket after a few secs will home in and launch about 10 other rockets to seek and destroy, effective and cool to look at

Napalm Strike : Self Explanatory

Nuke 5M: Very strong nuke that can make a lake very fast and take out the strongest group of tanks.

MIRV Nuke: MIRV Equipped with 3 Nuclear Warheads that will home but just about the same power as a normal nuke. (Awe the Lake Maker)

------------------
-------------------------
DvsDuke

DvsMod at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 17, 2000 02:12 PM            
Hey, whatever happened to the 20k nuke?

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 17, 2000 03:16 PM            
Well it just made 1 more crate and it did not kill that often they are kinda what the Tri-MIRV nuke gives off

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 17, 2000 03:31 PM            
I also took off the Diggin Drill,it was just messing the maps up and i lowers the - crater of the xplosive dirt to lower the big hills of dirt

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 18, 2000 12:33 AM            
Ummmmmm, may i speek for everyone when i say:
Why the @$D$%*& & Would You DO THAT!!!!!!!!!

The point of a game, as i see it, is to Have some SERIOUS FUN... the diggin drill and 20k nuke may not give you a lead, BUT THEY"RE FUN!!!! you may want to start racking up points and stuff first off, but then you HAVE to admit that there must have been a reason why you made these weapons. Why... 'cause you wanted some FUN. I have to admit usually I am a grump when i start to play and i can stay that way if something gets old, but FUN never gets old for me. I promise you that if you played TM nonstop for the rest of your life, at some point you'd just be having FUN... what's the FUN in being serious and saying," Uh OH!!! i need to kill more so i can have enough frag points win this round!!!" i know, sometimes it's FUN for some players to try to frag the most, I'm not trying to discredit you (if that's FUN, then DO IT), as for here though, I only have FUN when i'm taking my time, not in a rush to do things, and planning an ultimate kill, soooooo many people think their not good at the game, and that's cause they log on to a server based on kill as many a possible as soon as possible, i don't want a automatic-heat-seeking-multiple-tank-killer gun, i want something that's creative and quite hard to use. The harder it is to use, the more of a klutz you make yourself, and the better the FUN when you frag the guy you've been trying to hit!!! That's why i oppose those one shot servers, you gotta go find the guy you ambushed only to kill them and find em again. I want a heated, long, everyone strives to get more ammo, absolutely silly, downright dirty kind of duel or team battle. Sure, it can be chaos at first, but boy can it be FUN, nukes are used more efficiently and it encourages people to help out their team mate when you can go jumping into a big team battle without being killed the very second you arrive by some lucky shot!!! Whew, i guess you set me off, i'm ticking time bomb here for video game morals!!! heheheh... Take it from me, i know how to have fun (*stuffs gun-powder into a tennis ball for dog to fetch in a public park*) but i don't know when to stop... thusly i have cookie dough to keep me going so i don't have to! Bwahahahahah. Look at it this way, you can have one guy be a complete JERK to you and somebody else, but instead of teaching a rightful revenge on the AI or player, the guy you try to team up with to get revenge is going to frag you if he's on another team because it isn't about rights and regulations and, the ideal thing of games... FUN... it's about getting frags > . Why can't you people start having FUN instead of being slaves to fragship? Heh, you still have to be nice about it, don't you? If you don't let the frags get to you, you can have a ping of 10000 and still enjoy a server game (ahem, you remember that Sheldon, Tapper, anyone?). Long Live The FUN of TREAD MARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Sincerety matters in this world...
That's why i say Cookie dough
was the first thing god made
before the world!!!

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 18, 2000 01:50 AM            
Hey i just thought of something a Atomic Suicide Weapon....man get ready for this one full shockwave and laser burst along with a small thermonuke look with partical fountians.....im drooling thinking of what this will look like AND it will be much more than a normal nuke it will kill all the peepz around you for sure...Muhahahaa the true DvsWeapon i am also working on a True Evil weapon that will be realet to the Wonk but red and multi projectile version....

Muhahaa the DvsMind is back get ready to melt

also if ANY ONE would please let me know what you like and dislike about me mod i would glady like that...if you WANT TO SEE A WEAPON MADE JUST ASK ME ILL TRY IT..

Ok then cya

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 18, 2000 01:57 AM            
ok ok dudy i will bring them 2 back...i just dont like seeing a nuke that dose not kill a peep with 100% heath thats what the 20k nuke was like and i will say the Diggin Drill was fun but it got annoying..i might bring it back...posibly like a diging laser or something to that extent..

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 18, 2000 02:38 PM            
Try to make a spiked ball, i'm going to make Peeeet's weapon, the bouncing pinball!!!!

------------------
before the world!!!

IP:

swisher
posted June 18, 2000 04:56 PM            
Dudymas was talking a while back about making a weapon that would dig a hole beneath you, then, instantly, create a massive mound, casuing the victim's tank to be propelled high into the sky.

I don't know if it's possible, but it sounds neat.

I'd like to see you have two mod ZIP files: one for server only (as it is now), and another with all of the textures, etc. This way, if someone wanted to play single player, they could see and appreciate ALL of your hard work. The weapons models you made were very good. I know you have an old ZIP with the textures and stuff, but it is now out-of-date. It's a lot of work, but what do you think? Users would only download the texturized file, and when they connect to non-texturized server, TM should still work fine.

IP:

Ron371
posted June 18, 2000 08:20 PM            
Hey I would like the diggin drill and 20k nuke back in the game all so...They are Cool...

IP:

Rex R
posted June 19, 2000 02:36 AM            
I find that I rather enjoy the half-track. just 1 thing though, let me guess, you drive your tanks via a stick/wheel rather than the keyboard. I found some of the tanks to be overly responsive when using the keyboard. but then thats just my opinion. did find it amusing to race in the ring in under 50 seconds and start passing the trailing tanks. you definatly don't want one of them to pop a dirt ball in front of you when your doing 220 kph, look its a bird, its a flying tank!???

IP:

Rommell
posted June 19, 2000 10:04 AM            
Keep up the good work (or evil work) with the weapons. We will keep trying them.

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 19, 2000 12:31 PM            
Great,great...im very glad peoplealso are enjoying my mod but me..and i will bring back the 20k nuke AND the diggin drill and that idea about the popup weapon sounds very cool and yes it is very do-able so i will make it today...if any one has suggestions for any sort of weapon just ask..i will try and make it..

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

DvsDuke
posted June 19, 2000 02:03 PM            
Update:

Thanks to Dudy he explined a way to make my spewers go faster so i have implemented them into all my spewers and also im working on a shatter missle and soon ill do the kamikazi weapon so look out

------------------
DvsDuke

IP:

Sardine
posted June 19, 2000 11:13 PM         
I'm scared... that'd make me a Sardine in a toaster.... sproing!!!!

I like the diggin' drill because it helps to shrink those damn towers of dirt the xplosive dirt makes.... godawfulfreakinpaininmyturret weapon! I can't tell you how many times I've been dropped into a ring of those bastard towers!

Well, enough about that for now. Ummm.... keep up the good work Dvsduke! Some nice looking weapons!

Look, it's a bird, it's a plane... no wait it's just a small stinky fish in a can.

------ Sardine

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 20, 2000 01:49 AM            
Heyeeeee, i know how to make that popper, swisher, simply have one projectile dig a hole, then the projectlie would spew a weapon entity, which obviously you'd pick up, and then you can pop your self up when ever, great safe guard!!!!
Now then, do you guys really want my ent's, cause the is soooooooo big, i have to wait a good thrity seconds for game to load and show the main menu, then another to load entities into the game, mwahahahahahahhah. I love crazy weapons that add a zing to your frag style, hope you like something more than point and shoot, grin grin, for instance i made a wall maker/weapon i call the tank popper. this current tank popper launches a shot, so i'll get the defensive one soon. I think the zip file for all my mods..... single player.... is about one meg all zipped... the server is about i'd say 67 kb... these entities still have to be double checked and updated, so it may be larger or smaller, i'll check by unzipping them all into my game and see how the ent's work, then i can give you something that will forever change the definition of GROUND ZERO, er um, Mogul Field, or is it Remodeling....... either way this little zip will make all levels shudder in fear, but i will sum it all up, IF anyone wants this file. Heyeeeee, peeeet, i made your pinball thingy-majiger-do-daddle.... FUN, very much fun.... : weeeee, untill you get hit, then you go ow-weeeee

------------------
before the world!!!

IP: