|
Author Topic:   Dedicated Race Server
JL
posted June 08, 2000 07:04 PM            
I'm having troubles running a race server. It works fine until the race is over, then the problem. It takes forever to go to the cooldown before restarting a new map. I'm using DvsDuke mods. I tried setting the time limit to zero with the same result. I have the cooldown set to 15 secs and the starting time set at 60. Does anyone know what is causing this or what I might be doing wrong.

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 12, 2000 08:12 PM            
tease tease, you don't have any answers yet, hahah. Did you tell anyone you had relations with Kaeto cause that'll do this, for sure!

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 14, 2000 06:17 PM            
Hey, you know this is fascinating that you have no answers. I mean, look, for no reason in particular everyone is conspiring against you, and me... i'm not against you, i'm too clueless to get into the conspiracy... bummer eh? But wait, which is more likely, that this is all a well planned secret conspiracy. Or how about the (go ahead and snuff a perm marker and take a big breath of helium and sing happy happy joy joy, cause this is interesting)
Well, maybe my bath tub's drain has a problem against my blowing my nose while i'm showering so the toilet drain starts a conspiracy with it and stops flushing properly. Then my well pump, thinking of profit, joins them by squeaking, hissing, and moaning, ressembling a dying gagged dog perfectly if you give it some helium to breathe, in order to distress me further so it won't have to pump as much water as i use the water around the house less. Then my window started to heat the room to hot in the day and too cold in the morning so that maybe i'll keep from sleeping so that i won't bother it so much with my snoring. Whew, don't blow your nose in the bath tub while showering kids, tain't worth it. Hey, i know what my purpose in life is, to warn people of the constant dangers of home grown conspiracies among your appliances and services and stuff. Your mighty runny nosed guru has spoken!!!
The previous is rated EU for extremely ugly and will give you nightmares, ENJOY, Mwahahahahah

------------------
------------------------
------------------------
I'm Special, Muahahah!!!
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

Vexxed
posted June 14, 2000 06:42 PM            
In addition to the cool down time, there is also a start up delay (which I don't believe is exposed in the cfg file). Network races games have a longer start game delay than deathmatch games since it is important that all players are present at the start of the race. If someone misses 10 seconds or so of a Deathmatch game its no where near as damaging as missing 10 seconds of a race game

Some form of delay is required to give the clients time to connect to negotiate entity types and such.

Tom

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 14, 2000 07:10 PM            
see JL? partial insanity can help anyone. Hey, kaeto, how do you wake up from a daydream.....

IP:

Almo!
posted June 16, 2000 08:06 AM            
I have JL's problem. Cool down just doesn't seem to happen after race is over. It's like it doesn't listen to the #of laps cfg statement.

Any clues, or fixes?

------------------
Almo!
Lead Psycho
Hard Core Game Design

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 16, 2000 04:18 PM            
Almo! You're a lead pyscho? Sounds like my future job

Actually, everyone has to finish the race before the cooldown starts. Even people who joined after it started. Hawk and I tried to run a race server here, but it just didn't work good at ALL...

IP:

JL
posted June 16, 2000 06:59 PM            
I played with 2 AI's and just myself I know the AI's finished because I came in third. The clock was showing 9 minutes, I waited till there was 20 minutes on the clock and finally just shut it down. So there goes that theory. The cooldown should start after the first tank crosses the finish line according to the Dedicated configuration.
#When running a Race server, as soon as the first human player
#crosses the finish line the CoolDownTime will start, during
#which time weapon fire isn't allowed, but the rest of the players
#will be able to finish the race and place if they can cross the
#finish line before the CoolDownTime is up.

IP:

Ron371
posted June 17, 2000 04:47 AM            
JL to run a run a Race Server and get it to work. Try setting of.

StartDelay = 75
CoolDownTime = 60
#Number of AI bot tanks.
NumTanks = 0
TeamPlay = 0

No AI bots and No TeamPlay are the main things to set up.
The StartDelay = 75 is for player with modems. Give them time to join the game before the Race Start.

That All
Hope to see a Race Server up and runing.

IP:

JL
posted June 17, 2000 08:35 AM            
Yes, that did it. The AI's mess it all up.
Too bad though I wanted a couple of bots so no one would have to race alone.
But my race server will be up soon.

Thanks

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 17, 2000 02:24 PM            
Cooooooooooool, but JL, please crank down the amount of weight on those xplosive dirt launchers, could get nasty........ heheheheheheh, Then again, maybe that'd be okay if there were a few newbies on there...

------------------
Sincerety matters in this world...
That's why i say Cookie dough
was the first thing god made
before the world!!!

IP: