|
Author Topic:   Turret control on a MS PrePro
KlanKer
posted June 04, 2000 02:17 PM         
Hiyas all,

I have been playin around with the turret on my MSPrecisionPro joy. I find that I just can't get the hang of drivin with the stick and moving the turret with the wrist/twist action... uh... the game guys I'm talkin about the game... anyway, what I found is that by assigning the turret to the hat switch I can fire VERY accurately while driving, I guess my thunmb is more skilled than my wrist...hmm...

OK now to the problem at hand [pun intended] how do you turn OFF the swivel/twist action on a MS Precision Pro joy in TreadMarks???

Thanks for any help.

Dave

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 04, 2000 02:37 PM            
Well, i can't answer your question for sure but i'll admit I Knew I shoulda Bought A Joystick For TM. I think there should be a program that comes with the joystick, my free style pro has one that can disable what ever button you want, but IT'S NOT A JOYSTICK SO I HAVE TO USE MY MOUSE TO AIM, WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! The program i have for my microsoft game pad is found in the lower right hand corner of my computer, one of those little icon thingies in Windows 98, and 95 i think too, as for NT, i forget about its interface. Also, you can check in the start/programs menu, look for something about a joystick with the word microsoft... plus, i think my software for the game pad is for not only the game pad i have, i think it also supports yours if you'd like the program, i bet it wouldn't hurt for me to send it to you... would it? Oh well, you think there's any hope for my joystick's aiming capabilities, it won't work in TM, so i use a mouse systems Boogeyman Gamepad... doh, i just looked and found a gravis blackhawk joystick, heheh, guess i'll try it soon after i get some Bill & Opus cartoons.
Chow!!!! (down on TM)

------------------
------------------------
------------------------
I'm Special, Muahahah!!!
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 04, 2000 09:21 PM            
Umm, there's this thing in most games. It's called options. You can change what the keys do if you click on it. Magical, huh?

Yes, I'm always this sarcastic

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 05, 2000 12:55 AM            
Kaeto always has to be himself... *Sigh*

------------------
------------------------
------------------------
I'm Special, Muahahah!!!
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

swisher
posted June 05, 2000 08:58 AM            
Actaully, you can't disable the twist option in TM itself. Even if you set all turret rotation keys to something else, TM will still honor the twist. As Dudley stated, you must use the program supplied with the joystick to do so. I have a MS Dual Strike and has such a program. I also have a Pre Pro, but haven't used it with TM, so haven't tried to tweak it. You can completely disable joystick in TM via the Game Options menu, but this is not what the original poster is asking.

IP:

Kaeto
posted June 05, 2000 09:57 AM            
Ok, my bad. I have 2 sticks hooked up to my machine, just tested it and found that the second one DOES control the turret... hmm
Well, throw that MS POS away, anyhow, and get a logitech wingman extreme

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 07, 2000 10:22 PM            
HEAR HEAR, NOW YOU'RE TALKING KAETO
*HIGH FIVES 'EM*

IP: