|
Author Topic:   Suggestions for LDA (ENT Commands)
DvsDuke
posted May 25, 2000 12:41 AM            
Ok after modding for a nice while I have run into some dead ends...here is the list of things that are possible for the engine (me thinks) and I would like to see them in the game...

Negative Kick - Very useful for traps and some sorts of projectiles....think ramdrill

GroundDrag(Resistance) - once a projectile hits the ground it will start to lose speed (great for roller mines and certain projectiles)

Mesh Rotate - For server side mods making a model rotate in the engine would be allot better than doing it in a modeler then Resaving it.

Multi Sec ents - For awesome effects along with some eyecandy that would be awesome...intricate laser systems, drool

Speed of a projectile to equal the target - it has targeted.. if this is here we can make Acid Blobs and things that latch onto a tank AKA REAL napalm...

Multi Level Spewing - after 1 level of spewers I found out it says the world kills the guys possible have a command like treeback = 1 to find the launcher

Living Spewers - After a Spewer had finished it still can be a normal projectile..think of what this could do...a real bomber,True Spread missle no spewer tricks, THINK

Spewer LIKE Ent commands - spewers are good but the change the way ideas in your head change alot, like a ent that while it fies could spawn many projectiles for only a certaint amount think real bomber

X and Z for craters - Oval shaped craters

Stepness of craters - all craters have the same slope look, i would like to see Spikes and platues, more veriety in dirt based guns

Umm ill find more hehe every one else submit yours and tell me if some of these can be done...

------------------
-------------------------
DvsDuke

DvsMod at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 25, 2000 11:19 AM            
Umm, Dvs, most of those things can already be done
The negative kick is a must, I've wanted that a bunch of time (gravity cannon sucks you into ramdrill! 8P)
The mesh rotate and multi secents are good, too...
And you can already make a bomber I've made one before... it flew around shooting avenger cannon fire at it's targets... just the plane looked like a tank turret instead of an A-10, so I gave up on it <hint, hint>

Also, don't forget RC's alt texture and alt mesh ideas... a must have.

IP:

DvsDuke
posted May 25, 2000 05:29 PM            
Keato, please help me out on the ones i CAN do also i would like to see multi textureing for diffrent parts fo a gun for SecMeshes, like makeing a elaborate weapon with out LUVs or image maps, Like lets say the Mass Driver you could make it a liquid weapon out of it and have the to parts of the mass driver diff textures.

Umm,,also the scaleing of MODELS would be nice too

------------------
-------------------------
DvsDuke

DvsMod at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 25, 2000 05:34 PM            
Yeah man, i know how to make the acid or napalm, just i'm too lasy to make it.....

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 26, 2000 10:26 AM            
Well, it's not exactly simple... I see a HUMONGOUS tutorial coming! It's gonna take like a week...

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 26, 2000 11:30 PM            
Criticalness with a hint of scrutinization:
You see, he could not say that is would take a week, it had to take an amount of time that is "LIKE" a week, similar to a week, close to being a week, on the brink of a week, it all sums up to a approximation of a week, something that takes seven days so as to be in a way with the same characteristics as a week... right? Or am i being o literal and sarcastic?
(in utter woids, i'm kinda bored, HEY... I'm playing some TM!!!!!!!!!)

------------------
------------------------
------------------------
I'm Special, Muahahah!!!
------------------------
DUDEY

IP: