This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   True Weapon/Tank/Level/Projectile ideas
Dudymas
posted May 22, 2000 07:05 AM            
Well, i'd like us to discuss some mods here, at least one idea must be put into your post if you want to be nice. That's just a guideline but of course you can come in and post insults. Let's just not start talking true foolishness here, as much as i support it, i need to start modding again so i'm relying on all of you not to stop .... um i mean start my foolishness. If you do sto... er start it then i is most unlikely that i can stop it. Now then, let's get our noodles goin, right? (NOTE: i break my own rules every now and then and i know that no one will keep from the inevitable choas that insues any old topic, just try to preserve the idea here longer)
I'll start with a few thoughts. I do not mod just for myself, so any ideas i come up with i don't care if you use them or not, i just want to be ablt to show sheldon that i'm not the only who smokes online all the time (in a tank of course, never did like the idea of tobbacco, ACK!)
One thingy might be to design a whole bunch of different projectiles to spew forth from the tank turrets instead of our same ol' 120 mm shell. I can think of bouncing bombs for the destroyer tank or napalm for the dwarf. Maybe a smoke screen for some?
Anudder would maybe be a bowl of cookie dough pickup that would basicly give you three times the ammo you have of special pickups, some extra turret ammo, and full health. YEAH, feel the power of cookie dough!!!!
ooh, sorry, still haven't been able to remember to replace my brown sugar that's all dried out, DOH! Anyhoooo, i guess we could have weapons that spew forth power ups when you like, this is soooo obvious i didn't see it, simply have the spewer file use a weapon entity instead of some explo or projectile entity.
Oh, another one, why not have a level which is composed of a flat center with eight holes around it. Each hole would have an extra high wall facing the center and a little higher toward the holes beside it. This would encourage team battles where fellow team members of anywhere from one to eight teams can meet at a designated hole (each one could be differentiated by shape)
to gang up on other teams, the thing that would make camping impossible is that the power-ups would be around the center of the land. You can then have the front of each of the hole's front walls have a ledge that's ideal for sniping with almost any weapon. This would not encourage camping but would encourage teamship and some sly planning. Be prepared to use the "y" key on your keyboard more often than usual for more than socializing.

------------------
The king of Cookie Dough
------------------------
Your friend
------------------------
There's Only one
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 22, 2000 10:23 AM            
Dudey, there's no such thing as camping in TM. You sit still, some sniper with an avenger or laser pounds you (but not the mass driver, that's a close-up weapon, really)

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 22, 2000 03:25 PM            
but still, let's imagine people have a problem with sitting around and we fix that quite abruptly, Bwahahahahahahah

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 22, 2000 03:36 PM            
DOH!!!!! now you got me acting silly!

------------------
The king of Cookie Dough
------------------------
Your friend
------------------------
There's Only one
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 22, 2000 04:54 PM            
there should be a way that only I can get nukes and everyone gets a tank gun. Yeah, that should be almost fair

:

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 24, 2000 04:30 PM            
Hey, does anyone think they could do this one, i've got to update my weapons and stuff and redo them, in utter woids... give all the weapons a super amount of ammo and play with each one to see what new things i can come up with. Right now, here's the idea:

How 'bout a mine that looks exactly like a tank, except it doesn't shoot back, just run around trying to kill people and acting like an AI... hmmmm?

------------------
The king of Cookie Dough
------------------------
Your friend
------------------------
There's Only one
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

peeet
posted May 24, 2000 04:45 PM         
yeah - i thought of making some "killer balls" that are launched kind of like rgrenades. they would be metallic spheres that bounce around, tracking enemies, and do damage when they collide with a tank, breaking up into littler balls that move slower and do less damage. think that could be done?

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 24, 2000 04:51 PM            
Yah

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 24, 2000 04:53 PM            
ICQ me and i can give you da details... it is easy enough as i see it, ack what am i doing just sitting around looking at web sites, i'll make it the best i can, just gotta make a skin for DvdDuke first.

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 25, 2000 05:41 PM            
Welllllllll, got into Adobe Photoshop 4 and made myself a new screen backgorund that's 2,685 Kb. That isn't to big i think but kinda dangerous, I think i'll turn into a cookie dough picasso here soon, i think i'll make your weapon soon enough peeeto, along with an acid mine thaat grabs your tank is becomes highly contagious you may say... Ohhhhhhh, gotta make some cookie dough today, wish i never chowed down on my last one sooo quickly but i couldn't help myself these days, i don't use eggs anymore since i believe milk can do better... i think i'll try some half n half or whole milk soon, Bwahahahahahahahahahahaahahaahhahahahahahahahahaha... HAH!

------------------
The king of Cookie Dough
------------------------
Your friend
------------------------
There's Only one
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 26, 2000 10:23 AM            
Umm, dudey, once my background was a 20 MB animated .gif (active desktop)

IP:

Malohkan
posted May 26, 2000 01:42 PM            
As for that killer ball, make it go really fast and slide like a crazy mofo So if it's not accurate on the get-go it'll take a while before it gets another what at ya.

IP:

peeet
posted May 26, 2000 07:28 PM         
good idea! the mesh for the 1st ball should prolly be a huge, scary lookin thing - steel & spikes...

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 26, 2000 11:20 PM            
Hey, peeeto, the reason that bckgrnd was so serious for me is that i used to have a vid card that could hardly take one meg, now i have a 3d annihilator pro and it's, uh, different.

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 26, 2000 11:25 PM            
Now then, i like the idea of the ball now, i'd also like a pinball, yah, that'd rock man!!!!

------------------
------------------------
------------------------
I'm Special, Muahahah!!!
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 28, 2000 07:53 AM            
i say we make a metalish ball that surrounds your tank as a projectile and blows away anyone you touch... better yet, why not a pass the bomb game, where one guy gets hit then the bomb sticks around them until they tap someone else, if you keep it too long, Kablooey!!!!!!!!!

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 28, 2000 07:53 AM            
i say we make a metalish ball that surrounds your tank as a projectile and blows away anyone you touch... better yet, why not a pass the bomb game, where one guy gets hit then the bomb sticks around them until they tap someone else, if you keep it too long, Kablooey!!!!!!!!!

IP:

Sardine
posted May 30, 2000 12:23 AM         
Pass the Ball sounds good (hot potato?)

I posted this idea on another topic, but
how about a weapon that targets a specific
tank of your choosing based on its position
(i.e. press <1> to fire at the guy in first
place, etc.)

How about a napalm? It would fill any crack or divot/crater and remain there for a specific period much like the mines do!

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 30, 2000 05:33 PM            
Sadly enough, the napalm issue you mentioned needs the friction option. I must have one more option with my weapies, lessay that you can program them to go a specific distance from their firing radius, if the tank they're chasing goes out of it, then it stops, kinda like a guard dog on a chain, only this one could bite a lot harder. It'd be neat if you could get weapons to track the tank that launches them and then, if the momentum gets too great and the tank stops too quickly, the weapon could go out of a defined radius from the tank, and stop tracking it, thusly we could make orbiting projectiles, the would really rock...
Another neato thing would be to make a chain or line mesh, then have tread marks make it wave around like the flags on the tanks do, only from the turret, and the chain could do damage when it whips another tank. and don't forget i'd like a projectile that once it hits a certain tank, for a limited time all projectiles, whether they originally were tracking shots or they were just straight firing, would seek the tank out untill either it died, or a specific time ran out... but i'd prefer that they all continue untill a specific time on the game or just be a timer. Plus, i'd like it if you had upgrade power ups, were in the entity you could put the word up infront of each option that would override the original variable when an upgrade was cuaght, thusly you could collect a box that would cause your ammo to either start tracking tanks or track tanks better, thusly you could make increase the range of a power wonker... and PLUS you can define whether the upgrade works on just the weapon you have, or if you have no weapon... just the turret, or if the each weapon you get is upgraded until you die or a set window of time runs out. Wow, you could have race tracks then that would have spinning chains coming from set spewers and some really SLOW spinning chains, maybe three or four chains at one spoke, around the spawn points. you could also make the weapons work in sawrms thusly you could have three cruises spinning around a nuke upon the z axis i think... you could have balls that look like atoms bouncing about untill all their electrons are gone. You could have weapons that hit one guy, take his nuke er somethin, then take the weapon back you and when they explode, you could have the spewer spew the weapon entity, with whatever ammo that's alread used taken off. You could have chains spinning on the edges of chains that are whirling about you then have the projectile sling off of you, hit a tank, then tack back to you. We could ruin society as it is with all this righteous stuff... you could have entities that just fly around picking weapons off of people before exploding and dropping all the goodies for someone to grab... AWESOME... anyone else have ideas for new projectiles using this system?

------------------
------------------------
------------------------
I'm Special, Muahahah!!!
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 30, 2000 09:47 PM            
WARNING: Dudey has WAY too much time on his hands :P

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 30, 2000 10:59 PM            
You mustn't forget that i am in junior high... thusly i have plenty of way too much time, Bweheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 02, 2000 03:40 PM            
Hrmmm, anyone have another good idea though, i think it'd be great if i got some more to start me off. You saw that all it took was someones suggestion on the napalm weapons for me to type a reasonable novel...

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 08, 2000 02:18 AM            
No one here has any ideas other than me, well, i only occasionally have them, but that's besides the point here........

IP:

BiGfAn
unregistered
posted June 12, 2000 07:39 PM           
I have an idea! How about an acid weapon that causes the tank to lose health for 50 hit points or more. How about laying down an oil slick that disipates after awhile? My 2 cents =)

IP:

Dudymas
posted June 12, 2000 08:04 PM            
There yah go! i must admit that the acid spill is doable, just gotta get a cloud that is green that tracks at speeds that are way fast and such so that the thing appears to stick to the tank, but you'll have to do a lot with spewers to throw a bunch of the stuff around and then have it sit still like a mine, waiting for an unsuspecting victim... Now then, i don't know if you could do the oil slick, it requires a new variable to reduce the tanks friction for a temporary time, i'd love an entity that did that... LDA. Think all the things we've mentioned are doable? Well, i bet that it'd be great if you could have staged games too, for a few minutes everyone warms up by the server giving us no weapons, just health power-ups and we shoot each other with turret shots. Then the server would go from mines, lasers, and other energy weapons to missiles like the swarmer and concussion, then to complicated missiles like the dirtball, clusterbomb, and grenade launcher, to finally nukes and shadow keeper, then the server allows a cool down period, then goes into a race with all force weapons like the dirtball or mass driver... THAT WOULD ROCK!!!

------------------
------------------------
------------------------
I'm Special, Muahahah!!!
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2