|
Author Topic:   Ideas
nerdx86
posted May 16, 2000 06:13 PM            
Hiya,

Myself and a coworker have purchased copies of TM and have come up with a few ideas. Please feel free to comment.

1. Picture in Picture (turrent view inside of normal, or normal inside of turrent)

2. 2 Player Crew Mode (like a real tank where one pleyer drives with a normal display and one fires with the turrent display)

3. Has LDA (or anyone else) ever considered marketing their game "engine" seperately from the game? I think it would be faboulous for a company (and treadmarks is probobly the most robust overall world engine I have seen) to market a game driver which other individuals or companies could develop themes for. Basically turn the engine into an api that needs to be installed onto a users machine at $30-50 a copy that could run many game systems developed by LDA and other companies, people, etc.

Other Ideas to follow. Please let me know if they are valued.

IP:

DvsDuke
posted May 16, 2000 10:11 PM            
VERY good ideas i like the PIP yet the one that is smaller would need to be much lower detail here are some of my ideas..

1. Drop weapon .. man i hate passing by a nuke cause you have a loaded plasma gun

2. more modding programs ... im working with noper to make my LUVs but man when your makeing a mod its SLOW to exchange the files back and forth...i can live with out the map maker for a while cause well 52 maps is a very large amount to play on

3. A file posting area on the site or a MIRC channle were tread marks players can talk and disussthing with out thes board in the way its nice but slow....

4. other than that i LOVE tread marks

Oh all of you check out my mod (i have added tons of awesome stuff to it) at DvsDuke.com

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 16, 2000 11:09 PM            
LDA HAS a permanent AIM chatroom. But noone uses it... I say we all get each other's ICQs...

IP:

Hawk
posted May 17, 2000 09:23 AM            
ICQ 8454238
AIM BlackhawkTC
Primary E-mail starkpw@mediaone.net

IP:

nerdx86
posted May 17, 2000 10:07 AM            

IP:

NOPeR
posted May 17, 2000 12:57 PM            
AIM chatroom? Pleh! I've had ICQ forever and was forced to load AIM when a friend of mine refused to get ICQ...it was so bad that I couldn't even stand to have it running on my system! Come on AOL, you bought ICQ, now replace your lame AIM interface!

NOPeR
jonhansen@usa.net
UIN: 988471

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 17, 2000 08:45 PM            
Hey, i'd like to have the radar off. Plus i'd like moving treads... but that's graphics and really, no that i think about it, who in the world should care about graphics when gameplay is all powerful, eh? Yeah, well i'd like it if you could carry more than one weapon since someone could cheat with a nuke and drop it and pick it up in order to fire faster. I'd like it if you could at least fire your turret with another weapon armed too. This would be great since you could use a dirtball to pop someone in the air then use a MRL on them. That's all.

------------------
The king of Cookie Dough
------------------------
Your friend
------------------------
There's Only one
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 18, 2000 11:14 AM            
Hey, NoPeR, chill... I'm a fellow AIM hater... the message was supposed to be... dammit what's that word... It was saying why noone was there

9473680 (put "TM" on the list add confirmation thing so I'll know who you are)
KaetoTC (NEVER on, only when I can't get ICQ to work)
kaeto@earthlink.net

nerdx86 : none of those ideas would really work well, mostly they would just detract from the game. Having an in-turret cam would make sniping THE way to play and TM would lose the action that makes it hillariously fun.

And DvsDuke : Drop weapon is a no-no... thats half of what makes the big guns balanced. When you pick up a powerfull plasma cannon, your stuck with it for at least 25 seconds (unless you die), so you better make sure you want it. What I do when I have a lot of ammo and see a nuke is forget the nuke. They ain't all they're cracked up to be. I get away from them all the time by jumping over hills. Plus, I can kill 2 or 3 guys in about 15-20 seconds with an avenger, flamer or ramdrill. That's more than you can hope to get with a nuke...

IP:

xlr8r
posted May 18, 2000 01:55 PM            
Here are just a few ideas that I thought Id toss out..
1. In the heat of battle I would like to be able to scroll back the info on the screen, to see who killed me, to see the last frag brag, to see the weapon last used by the opponent Im charging at the moment, etc.
2. How about a god camera view, something to scan the world maybe. Sometimes when my hands cramp up I like to just watch (lol). It would be nice to see what is happening on your server without jumping in the battle (yeah right).
3. I would like to see the time limit on a server along with the frag limit to know when the game is up before the game is up.
4. How about being able to change the colors of the spawn points, enemies, and friendlys, for us slightly colorly disabled. lol

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 18, 2000 05:00 PM            
I like the scroll-back idea... it shouldn't be hard to do, either The problem with a "God cam" is that a lot of peoples computers don't have the power to display the 1024 meters of the whole world with any kind of speed...
A suggestion : You should remove the auto-respawn after 30 seconds. It would keep disconnected players from becoming free frags, and sometimes I gotta go take a leak, ya know...

IP:

DvsDuke
posted May 18, 2000 09:35 PM            
I have a major concern about servers with mods on them it not only should get ENTS but textures/sounds/models/etc. Just like quake 2 and also have the option to NOT download certant stuff like i really could live with out big WAVs but some people DO like new FX so LDA please include better server mod support for your O' so freindly mod creating game

Thanks, DvsDuke

Also i was wondering cause my buddies are asking me...did you get the magizine yet and are you going to send the copies of TM?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted May 19, 2000 11:52 AM            
All ideas and comments are considered....so thanks for taking the time to post

We are planning a number of minor changes...tutorial...server side enhancements...CTF etc.

We want to ease the transition from "first look" at Tread Marks to addiction

...The mag hasn't arrived...the CDs have been sent..

Jim

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 19, 2000 10:37 PM            
Umm, this is not supposed to be here

[This message has been edited by Kaeto (edited May 19, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 20, 2000 05:03 PM            
First off here everybody, i'd say i um... for lack of better words... @^@#$%^#@ AIM and if you think of me otherwise, i'll be more than happy to show you a real turret. Secondly, support for that god mode thingy that i heard about... i think it would be better if you could have an invisible tank to roam around with that could be killed or just look at people's predicaments and mock them cold-heartedly. Also, you could just be able to view the action from anyone you want, as in you could select an ai and see what they see then go to someone else an so forth. Lastly, see yah suckers... i'm going to play online!

------------------
The king of Cookie Dough
------------------------
Your friend
------------------------
There's Only one
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

wokka
posted May 22, 2000 04:27 PM            
I'm really impressed with this game, I even setup a dedicated Demo server for a bit on my NT Tribes server. Going to setup a dedicated Full version server as soon as I get into the office next.

For server side options, i would like more administrative abilities for the server console. Kick/ban options, map rotation options, change settings from the console. Also, remote admin features? Just about all options in Tribes or Quake 3 servers

I like the 2 man tank idea, that would be lots of fun. Set an option for servers to be 5 minute rotation, every five minutes, the 2 players swap positions in the tank.

PIP would take up too much room, and you couldn't see detail to fire with, so maybe multi-monitor support for turret view

wokka

hiya xlr8r

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 24, 2000 04:33 PM            
Hey, some good ideas, anyone else?

I would like to be able to have more teams too, so everyone with servers out there... why not make more, all yahs gotta do is type in the other teams... right?

IP: