This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   how to get the ad-ons to work?
_ssj_vegeta_
posted May 12, 2000 09:08 AM            
I am very confused about how to get the ad-ons to work. The readme is...well not very well explained. I would greatly appreciate someone to more thoughroly explain this opperation to me. ¤thnx¤

IP:

NOPeR
posted May 12, 2000 11:20 AM            
You didn't specify which addons you are having problems with - there are multiple people releasing Mods for Tread Marks. However, the steps to install addons for TM should be about the same, regardless of author:

1. If the author has correctly included path information in the Zip file. Unzip the contents of the Zip file into your Tread Marks folder.

Doing so will place the files in the correct locations. Once files are installed the new items will be available in the game.

2. If you don't understand any part of No. 1 STOP right now! You really shouldn't be messing with Mods or Addons...at least not yet. Ask for the help of someone who understands a PCs file system and Zip files.

3. If there is no pathing information in the Zip file you will need to place the files in the correct folders - hopefully the author included a readme.txt explaining what files need to go where.

4. Tank and Map addons ONLY WORK IN THE FULL VERSION. Demo users need not apply!

NOPeR

IP:

tankabott
posted December 12, 2000 06:50 PM         
hey NOPeR,
about #4 thats not true.
but dont worry i wont tell anyone.

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 12, 2000 06:59 PM            
Dude - why the heck are you dragging up year-old topics?

IP:

synack
posted December 12, 2000 07:02 PM         
NOPeR, nice informative reply. I hope our friend who asked the questions appreciates it.

IP:

synack
posted December 12, 2000 07:03 PM         
whoosh .. you're right.
I never looked at the time/date stamp

IP:

tankabott
posted December 12, 2000 07:19 PM         
i had no idea it was a year old post, i found this thread through a forum search.

sorry...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 12, 2000 10:37 PM            
Hmmmm... responding to year old posts, thats got to be some sort neurological disease

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 12, 2000 11:16 PM            
Tankabott - you and Dreamer both

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted December 13, 2000 04:23 AM            
is noper still around?

IP:

Random Chaos LDA
posted December 13, 2000 09:46 AM            
Yeah - Noper's still arround. He just doesn't post much.

IP:

NOPeR
posted December 13, 2000 05:40 PM            
NOPeR is very busy

I do, however, try to spend a little bit of each week browsing the forums so I do see posts and know what is going on in the community.

NOPeR

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 18, 2001 05:02 PM            
that was very useful, that should be on the treadmarks homepage under mod information.

edit: I liked it so much i added it to my site
------------------
TM Bios

[This message has been edited by coax (edited April 18, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 18, 2001 06:30 PM         
tu quoque, coax?
(what's the vocative of "coax", I wonder...)

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted April 18, 2001 06:36 PM            
It is pronounced as "co" as in "co"operation , and "ax" as in an "axe"

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 18, 2001 10:43 PM            
Next question,where do you download the addons for these wonderful servers?I don't like fighting invisible tanks and not being able to see all he weapons and their effects

IP:

Rex R
posted April 19, 2001 03:34 AM            
well jvortex has most of them ditto skandranon www.bzrpg.com for jv's site sorry don't have skandranon's site memorized

IP:

johnsan
posted April 19, 2001 03:59 AM            
What we need is a FAQ + link list located prominently in the BBS page - The only problem is who would maintain it. The folks at LDA have too much stuff on their hands to do this.

To make a long story short - The two main sources for mods are Jvortex and Skandranon:
Jvortex has the mods used in Kasplatt's and Hunter's servers and is located at http://www.bzrpg.com
To get Skadranon's mods, which are what is used on his server, you must FTP to 206.152.117.189 , username:Treadmarks , password: LDA (all caps).
Go to www.wsftp.com and download their evaluation ftp program if you need a FTP prog.
Hope this helps
-The Weatherman

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 19, 2001 04:03 AM         
coax, you don't learn latin over there, do you?

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 19, 2001 04:18 AM            
He should have just said short for coaxial Thanks for the links guys.Latin?,who speaks Latin anymore

IP:

JVortex
posted April 19, 2001 04:26 AM            
Hey guys, dont forget that i also have the Feb 5 2001 mod pack located on my site as well. that has pretty much all of the older weapons in it. it is also what im using when running on skadranons server (i dont have his pack), and almost all other servers for that matter. by combining the Feb 5 2001 mod pack and the Kasplattt pack together you will (as far as i know) have every mod you need for any server, except for the skimmer.

if anyone wants to combine the 2 packs you will have to install the feb 5 2001 mod pack first as the Kasplattt pack will overwrite and correct some files in the Feb 5 pack.

------------------
Let the rocks roll and the battle commence. BZ The RPG. Check out the site! (Under Heavy Construction) The non-TM areas of the site have been resurrected!

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 19, 2001 05:53 PM         
Latin? Well... errr... maybe ppl should, actually.
That's why, if you can't think of any better reason.
Plus, it's a beautiful and feature-rich language. Talking of "obsolete" languages: I'm currently trying to teach myself gaelic

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted April 21, 2001 04:30 AM            
Oh........your going to learn how to write code in Latin.To keep people from cracking it?Whew!Good luck.
Plus,its the origin of a lot of the words we use today To some degree.........I took 2 years of German in highschool and can't remember much(prob because it was like 8 years ago ).Maybe you should post a couple of days in German and I'll try to translate it (without a dictionary or course )I get to look forward to learning Spanish for the next two years Hasta la vista.....

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited April 21, 2001).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 21, 2001 05:18 AM         
Yup, I'm definitely going to write some perl in that pseudo-latin... Fact is, I'm supposed to be able to read and write latin fluently - after 6 1/2 years of learning it

IP:

Dreamer
posted April 21, 2001 05:25 AM         
Oh, pardon, Du wolltest ja eine Antwort auf deutsch... Mal sehen - kommt mir etwas komisch vor, im Netz irgendetwas auf deutsch zu schreiben - ah, ja. Ich überlege immer noch, ob man TM mods nicht eventuell über einen UT-ähnlichen Installer verarbeiten könnte. Ich würde sogar ein proproetäres Dateiformat in Erwägung ziehen - vielleicht eine Mischung aus gzip und für ein solches Programm nötigen Zusatzinformationen. Eventuell könnte man auch meine alte Idee eines entity file parsers noch einmal einer näheren Betrachtung unterziehen, man könnte doch eigentlich in Kommentarzeilen alles mögliche unterbringen, was von TM nicht, von anderen Programmen aber möglicherweise sehr wohl ansteuerbar wäre. Lesen kann diesen denglischen post zwar niemand, aber vielleicht wird deutlich wie stark Deutsch im IT-Sprachgebrauch vom Englischen durchsetzt ist.

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2