|
Author Topic:   Weapon Ideas
DvsDuke
posted May 11, 2000 07:13 PM            
Ok after creating Fire Mines and MIRV ( the 2 hard ones) i relized i need more ideas..right now im working on a bullet bomb ... kind-of like shrapnel/fireworks but im fresh out of ideas so if any one wants to see a weapon in this game please let me know ill do my best to create it...

Contact me on ICQ or Email me 71915514 / Dvs@Dvsduke.com Try out my mod that has many weapons but nothing else at www.dvsduke.com

IP:

Whirlwind
posted May 12, 2000 09:15 AM            
Smoke bomb - uses the Matter Bomb explosion, but doesn't do anything.

IP:

Zap
posted May 12, 2000 10:36 AM            
Well, since you ask for weapon ideas, I thought of some last night.

Idea Number One: a missle or other device that burrows underground at a medium pace (faster that kangaroo mines, slower than cruise missle) and blows up underneath you. Maybe throws you in the air.

Idea Number Two: A acid slime cannon that throws a glob of green slime onto the opponent. Sticks to the tank, and eats away at health for maybe 65 health points. Then evaporates. If you miss, the slime stays on the ground as a hazard.

Idea Number Three: I just had this one, and it may be too silly for this games. The Monty Python Foot. A contact-weapon like the ram drill. If you are in contact with another tank, hit fire and the big foot seen in the beginning of MPFC will instantly crush the tank. One foot per pickup.

Idea Number Four: I don't know if this would be possible, since its more of a power-up than a weapon. Along the same lines as the big floating "T" in Quake 3 Arena (there are other games, you know). Not a weapon, but an additional powerup you can get. Activate it with another key. If you hear a cruise missle coming at you, or if you are in a really tight spot and need to skeedaddle, hit the key and you jump up into the air maybe 30 meters. You can dodge missles and maybe your enemy tank will have shot his load (ahem) by the time you land. But there must be a health cost, maybe 30 points, or maybe you drop what weapon you have.

Idea Number Five: More of a mod, might be considered unsportsmanlike. When I hear "A nuke has arrived" I really want to get that nuke. Maybe it is possible to have the overhead map show which powerup point is the nuke, maybe a yellow dot.

Idea Number Six: The Black Hole. A rare weapon, fire this one shot deal near the enemy and you create a black hole (or a dirt-whirlpool) that sucks them into oblivion. Like real black holes, this would evaporate over time (ok, more like in 20 seconds rather that billions of years!). My concept for how this would look is kind of like the invisibility in Unreal Tournament - Three metal prongs that enclose a mini black hole in an electrical field. I am not sure if this should be fired like a gun or dropped lie a mine.

Just a few of my thoughts. Feel free to implement any of them as you see fit. I just want to further the cause of TreadMarks!!!!!

- Zap

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 12, 2000 02:47 PM            
Nice ideas, Zap, but I don't think any of those mods can be made for TM. The burrowing missle may be possible (RC say he got one to work before), but the rest of those would require changing the sources of TM. And since LDA is in discussions with publishers, I _HIGHLY_ doubt they'll be giving out any part of TM's source anytime soon... Oh well...

Hey, I've got a new weapon coming for TM... Prepare to fear the Ion Cannon... It is DEATH...

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 12, 2000 03:25 PM            
Burrowing weapon is definitely possible. So is the foot. Now then... the slime can be doable. Don't forget that those require new skins and some 3d models. Hehe, don't know about the others.... oh wait, i know the jumper can be done... i'd like to make the shockwave mine throw you up into the air as the mine drops... that way you can high tail it easier there.

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

IP:

_ssj_vegeta_
posted May 14, 2000 10:21 AM            
I have a few good ideas for some weapons. I have listed them below.

1. renzoku-ammo- will deliver at an extremely fast pace multiple rounds of amunition at all different angles, I have also included a picture of a similar attack performed by a character from DBZ

2. ultra barrier- allows u to withstand one blast from a cruise missle or matter bomb or nuke or anything else like that.

3. destructo disc- a large disc that tracks an enemy tank and will not lose it ever, for it will travel through the ground aswell.

4. genki damma- much like a nuke but with a larger blast radius and more ammo. very slow fire and movement rate.

_SSJ_Vegeta_

IP:

DvsDuke
posted May 14, 2000 05:11 PM            
Hehe im doing the renzoku cannon right now it shoots almost like a Avenger But spread out and has a bit of homing so ...spread...then home back i to one place....as for the Disc i cant do it till the LUV maker it out but ill made the model soon for the future. The Barrier is not possible as of now but how about a Regen Powerup... i could do that by haveing a weapon that shoots out heath right under you.... but still all that would be good for is running.....so far the renzoku is awesome..... genki damma well the nuke is enuf for me ive done 3 diff types of nukes and that PLENTY so i wont do this one now cause its already been done....

Also is there a way to change the postion / angel of a gun mounted on top... i want to use a model made for the side on the top but i need to rotate it....

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 14, 2000 09:37 PM            
Have you tried rotating the model with your modeling program?

IP:

DvsDuke
posted May 14, 2000 11:18 PM            
Well i thought the LUV would have to match it... im saying it looks fine but could look better....

IP:

NOPeR
posted May 15, 2000 09:57 AM            
The LWOs can be rotated/scaled/moved and the LUVs will still work. You just can't tweak the polygons or vertecies.

DvsDuke - I finally got the LUV done for the MIRV, It should be in your email. Sorry for taking so long, but my brother just finished a new steel tank that we had to texture, then I modeled a Tron style tank that I had to texture. Very time consuming.

BTW: Both of these tanks will be available soon, and just to get all you Mod happy freaks drooling, the Tron tank is the best looking tank so far!

NOPeR

IP:

NOPeR
posted May 15, 2000 10:14 AM            
One other thing - DvsDuke, if you want to make that Disc laucher you can send me a mesh and I'll send you the LUV.

I think I've perfected the process for making working LUV files and now I should be able to pump then out pretty fast.

NOPeR

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 15, 2000 03:11 PM            
Could you send me the luv's and texture bmp's for the following meshes that come with TM full version: Scatter Pack and Scatter pack 2. Both are LOW's

IP:

Whirlwind
posted May 15, 2000 07:30 PM            
- Aerial Mines
- Self Replicating Mines
- the tank from Tron (not really a weapon, I know...)

IP:

Hawk
posted May 15, 2000 08:25 PM            
Hey, Kaeto, let's make weapons from Battlezone =) Rumble cannon (earthquake gun)...that would be funny...driving along then 'augh!'

IP:

DvsDuke
posted May 15, 2000 08:41 PM            
Well the renzoku is awesome but im goning to have to make it rare...even on a 750 p3 with a GeForce when every one has one the game slows down well its like huge fir balls with strings of sparks behind them its rapid fire and slightly homeing... im finishing the textures for the EVIL MIRV (stronger now) oh also dude im going away from realistic to "fun" just like TM its self well i would like to something from Noper to go in and relese the LUVs and BMP lay outs for the models that came with TM cause there are some very nice ones in there just not used.... Im just about done with the modeling on the disk launcher (hehe so cool) ok dudes im going to make one more ... from the last post and ill do a replicateing "realish" mine maker you lay one and it lays 5 more ... instant mine area like in real wars

OK thanks to every one that helped and keep em comeing the mod is coming along great and ive just added the "Plasma Trap" it makes a steep crater and lays a mine in the bottom..

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 15, 2000 08:45 PM            
I've been thinking about a BZ gun mod for a long time... you up for some art-fu sessions?

IP:

Hawk
posted May 15, 2000 08:46 PM            
Indeed, grasshopper.

IP: