This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Copies sold
Hawk
posted May 06, 2000 06:35 AM            
How many copies of Tread Marks have been sold so far, LDA?

IP:

LDA
Administrator
posted May 06, 2000 01:07 PM            
Not enough ....for a game this good....

...shipping charges and the convenience of stores seem to be big issues for a ship-only product like Tread Marks...

...We are having talks with publishers and as soon as something is finalized, we'll shut down direct sales and prepare for re-release as a boxed version....

IP:

Hawk
posted May 06, 2000 05:01 PM            
A game like TM can NEVER sell enough copies...Kaeto and I LANned up our computers at his house yesterday, planning on playing Rogue Spear, ended up playing Tread Marks for something like seven hours over the course of the day (let him install TM just so we could multiplay since you can still DM without the CD }=)) Good luck with the publisher deal...TM must sell millions of units!

IP:

Whirlwind
posted May 08, 2000 03:08 PM            
I've been thinking of burning a few CD's of the demo and giving to some of the guys at work. It is kind of hard to do when I am playing the game all the time. Nothing like the dirt ball combo. Of course, the cruise missle from the blue sucks, too.

IP:

NOPeR
posted May 08, 2000 07:18 PM            
Yes - The World needs to experience Tread Marks!

My brother was working at CompUSA for a while and they usually only demo games that the store sells, but the employees and managers at his store were so impressed by the game that he would bring his CD to work and set it to "Rolling Demo" on the display computer

It wasn't anything official as he didn't want to break any laws or anything, but anyone who did happen to catch him "demoing it" (Ya, demoing it...sure!) always wanted to know where they could buy it.

Any publisher that doesn't see the potential behind TM is too caught up in the politics of business and needs to get outta the gaming industry!

NOPeR

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 09, 2000 04:30 PM            
No WAY!!!!!!!! it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see TM's potential... the guy who refuses to publish that game should've committed suicide by now! I think they'll start kissing your toes LDA. Hehe, so don't be gentle if they refuse any offers you prescribe and come groveling back to you yearning for forgiveness and another at life. Those guys who gave bad reviews... hey, anyone could be a critic. The government of NY, I thought, was hiring people who were in the slums to be psychics. How different can it be for critics in CA and other places? I think you're too good for the market!

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 12, 2000 10:21 PM            
Of course you know... there are some super evil people like kaeto whom don't believe in righteous games... just the sales tax on them.

IP:

Kaeto
posted May 12, 2000 10:27 PM            
Hey Dudymas! You're getting REAL close to asking for a beating :P I bought the game, what more do you want? I'm making mods, writing tutorials, and doing everything else I can...

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 14, 2000 01:55 AM            
but you can't deny not getting the game sooner can you?

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 14, 2000 01:56 AM            
WAIT, you could send me a tub of cookie dough, buy 3d studio max R3 for me, and wash my feet.

IP:

Hawk
posted May 14, 2000 10:15 AM            
Hate to be on old Kaeto's side for once, but he's right, Dudymas And he's been with the game a lot longer than you have...even longer than me, one of its most loyal fans :-P And as much as I hate to say it, it's not his fault if his parents are insane

IP:

wokka
posted May 22, 2000 04:52 PM            
I work with lots of Quake players, i brought the demo to work and had them try it out. I also brought it to a LAN party and had people try it out there. Out of almost 20 people, only about 3 could get the hang of the controls and play. Most got frustrated after 10 minutes and quit.

I'm not sure what a good resolution to this would be. They had trouble getting the idea of separate turret movement from the body of the tank and mouselook. It seems only the MechWarrior players could play the game effectively.

I would love to figure out a way for these people to get hooked to the game, but for now, they are just missing out, and LDA is missing out on their money.

wokka

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 22, 2000 04:56 PM            
Tread maarks shouldn't be published, its my secret and I aint telling anyone

:

IP:

Hawk
posted May 22, 2000 05:39 PM            
Selfish, are we? =P

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted May 23, 2000 04:28 PM            
maybe, but I've been here since the beginning and I will not be over-runned with newbies. of course I'm just kidding though

:

IP:

peeet
posted May 23, 2000 05:00 PM         
more newbies = more (non-AI) targets!

they get better than the AI's real quick,
so bring 'em on!

IP:

Dudymas
posted May 24, 2000 04:47 PM            
sure is lik you peeeeto... by the way, i totally forgot to check this thingy so now that i saw your message, hawk, about Kaeto buying the game, i have to admit the only reason i got it right off the bat was that i never let my parents wrap up presents really, i just have them give me a whole bunch of moooolah and spend it all.... so i lucked out, but i still want a tub of cookie dough... HEY, that brings me to say that i need to mix some more, i have some good brown sugar, YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! baby... COOOOOOOOOOOKIE DOUGH!

By the way, i have ICQ finally, stole it off of one of those stinkin aol cd's that comes in da' mail... heheheeee. But i still had to download ICQ2000, ACK!!!
Here's da numba': 75062149

------------------
The king of Cookie Dough
------------------------
Your friend
------------------------
There's Only one
------------------------
DUDEY

IP:

Sardine
posted May 30, 2000 12:10 AM         
As a relatively new addition to the Online
affair with TM I would have to say the game
runs a hell of alot smoother than Q3 does online! Once in a while I discover I'm actually 50 yds further away than what I thought, but I've experienced that in real
life too... (don't ask).

As for the controls of the game:
1) My friends hate that I constantly change
my button settings for each game! DEFAULT
IS FOR CONFORMISTS!!!!

2) I quickly discovered keeping the view on
anything but boring was a good way to show others just what I had for lunch.

**** Anyone willing to design a weapon that will hone in on a specific target based on what place they're in? HMMMM????

IP:

TNT
posted June 14, 2000 07:02 PM         
I am surprised to here that some folks dont like the controls. That is always a selling point for me I talk this game up! Simple- left, right, back, forth and fire. I belive turent control is optional, I dont use it and I usally whip a few tanks here and there(Sheldons server ROCKS!). By the way, Dudey, have you tried cutin back on the suger (brown or otherwise) ha ha ha. TM is in a stand alone class by itself, and the publisher that gets it, will be lucky!

TnT
"I can make ya famous?!"

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted June 15, 2000 08:15 PM            
I have all my settings trimmed and nice, i've only had to use the turret gun once since I became good, but I always got my finger on the turret controls, for reasons that are beyond me.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 23, 2002 10:18 PM            
Now i use the turret to much, i forget I'm also suppose to move the tank

------------------
Tread Marks Ladders

IP:

A2597
posted March 23, 2002 10:50 PM            
As much as I'd LOVE to see Tread Marksgrow....I dunno.
Every game I REALLY liked, got big, and suddenly everyones cursing, etc. Takes ALL the fun out of the game.
with any luck...it won't happen.
With some GOOD luck...TM willbe the #1 selling game in the world, and everyone will STILL have fun playing!

------------------
### Hi, I'm a sig virus. Please add me to the end of your signature so I can take over the world. ### - Caught from excaliber @ B5mg.com

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 23, 2002 11:26 PM            
I'm still confused about the part where you say you got good And who are all of these people and where are they at now if the loved the game so much? hehe

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted March 23, 2002 11:39 PM            
Hehe, you say what I wouldn't say. Dudy is still around, he played as the soccer ball and I was trying to score with him

Heard Vlad had some trouble with that

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted March 24, 2002 03:14 AM            
Ah..just caught A2whatevers post.Couldn't have said it better myself.I've been playing other games online off and on latley and I've decided that 12 year olds shouldn't have total access to the family computer Try counting all of the f words and the bad sportsmanship moves and you got your work cut out.I would like to see the number of players at least quadruple though.Just as long as we can keep it small and familyish but still be able to find at least 10 humans on servers at any time of the day.
I find it funny in a bad kind of way when you dig back to the old posts and see all of these people that were so excited about the game yet must have only played a year because I have no idea who they are or I've seen them on a server once or twice in two years.I'm stil not tired of this game

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2