|
Author Topic:   Temp Spewers
DvsDuke
posted April 23, 2000 02:21 AM            
Ok i think i can do my mod IF spewers can have a life span? and also can they Burst out stuff insted of 1 by 1? or lots of them fast? well you see what im doing is when the missile impacts it send grenades every were

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted April 26, 2000 11:26 AM            
Yes, you can do Multiple Spews. There is a specific command that allows you to spew N spews at once but I am unable to find the command. (I don't think it is one that was actually used in any of the LDA entities, but rather one they had added and never needed. I'll see if I can find someone that knows it. Theres no documentation with the program on this particular command, but I know it exists.)

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Forum admin for Terrain Deformation Tread Marks Forum
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 26, 2000 06:51 PM            
Forgot to say : I answered that question, too...

IP:

VIO
posted April 29, 2000 12:07 AM            
To get spewers to shoot out multiple entities at a time.. use "Iterations = 10" for example to shoot out 10 of a given entity at once. All 10 will be of the same entity.

Spewers remove themselves if you dont have them set to cycle forever and ever. Use the property "MaxSpewCount = 33" for example, to enforce the spewer to shoot out a maximum of 33 shots (Multiple entities from 1 shot do not count against the total. It's a total of 33 shots that matters.. not 33 entities being created if you happen to use "Iterations = X" as well. Once the max count is reached, the spewer removes itself from the "world."

[This message has been edited by VIO (edited April 29, 2000).]

IP:

VIO
posted April 29, 2000 12:09 AM            
You control the reload time of how often entities are spewed out by "SpewTime = X" where X is seconds between spews. For rapid fire, I use 0.3

Keep in mind though, the more entities you create and have in existance within the "world" at any given time may have drastic impact on game if your server isnt beefy enough. Somethings are server friendly.. and others.. well.. they are just down right evil. >

(all of my knowledge ... as limited as it may be... is gleamed from all of the ReadMe files within the Full Version directories.. and of course from the most generous information on Random Chaos' site. RC, dude, that web page of your's totally rocks !!)

IP: