|
Author Topic:   The frequency of wepons appearing
DemiGod
posted April 18, 2000 11:24 AM            
Is there any way to edit the .ent files to change the frequency that, say, the nuke comes by? I'm tired of R-Grenades and want my nukes.

Demi_God

------------------
Demi_god; the point blank dirt baller.

IP:

NOPeR
posted April 18, 2000 12:11 PM            
Two ways that I've done this - BACKUP THE ORIGINAL ENTITIES FOLDER FIRST

1. Delete the weapons you don't want to spawn There is a problem with this and so it is better to use the second method.

2. Change the weapons WEIGHT value.

Weapon spawn rate is determined by an average WEIGHT value. In the WEAPON/<weaponname>.ENT file change the "weight = #" value to a higher number and its chances of appearing increase.

This is how I figure the spawn rate is determined but I haven't checked...anyone who knows differently feel free to correct me:
TM gets the total weight of all the ENT files in the WEAPON and POWERUPS folders. Then the chance of spawning is determined by dividing a single weapons spawn weight by the total weight.
Example: if we assume that we have 20 weapons each with "weight = 100" then the total weight is 2000 and a single weapon has a spawn percentage of 100/2000 = .05 or 5%

So for you to make the Nuke spawn 50% of the time we need it to equal to total of all the weapons except the Nuke.
19*100 = 1900
Nuke = 1900
-------------
Total = 3800

Nuke change of spawning = 1900/3800 = .5 or 50%

NOTE: The average weight of the TM weapons is actually about 85-90, not 100. There are also 3 powerups with weight values that you might want to figure in if your really getting into this!

NOPeR

IP:

DemiGod
posted April 18, 2000 11:34 PM            
Thanks. I'll be sure to try that.

------------------
Demi_god; the point blank dirt baller.

IP: