|
Author Topic:   Idea...
peeet
posted April 17, 2000 05:09 PM         
i have an idea that might make modelling of new objects easier for us, since we have no way of wrapping textures, if LDA can help out.

first, i have to know if individual objects can be scaled within an .ent file (either globally as in making a box bigger or smaller (scale 2.0 or scale 0.5), or non-uniformly in different directions as in compressing a cylinder into a disk (scale 1.0x, 1.0y, 0.2z))...

if so (maybe even still, if not), then LDA could post a few simple shapes along with their .luv files and corresponding bitmap texture templates (i.e. a cone, sphere, cylinder, box, etc.), and make a blanket statement that these shapes can be used freely in creating new objects.

that way, these individual objects could be assembled into more complex shapes, and having the .luv files and bitmap textures will allow us to texture them as we please.

sound like an idea?
can non-uniform scaling be done?

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 17, 2000 05:49 PM            
Cool thought, but i think then we would just need an editor that would take all this inand put it into entity format for us.

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

IP:

peeet
posted April 17, 2000 05:57 PM         
i agree - that why you learning c++?

but, i guess LDA is in discussions regarding distributor for TM, and can't release the texture wrapper (for .luv files) or the .luv file format right now.

simple shapes might be an easy thing for them to do in the meantime...

IP: