|
Author Topic:   What image format are banners in? How to convert other music to TM format?
Zap
posted April 14, 2000 10:19 AM            
Howdy y'all. Couple of questions.
1. What image format are the TM banners? And how would one go about getting custom banners into the game? I think it would be a hoot to have your own picture flying above your tank.
2. Does anybody know of a good program to convert MP3s or Midi into the WAV format TM requires? I would love to hear some RUSH when I play.
On another topic, I installed all of those new tanks and weapons made by Random Chaos. Great job. Lots of fun. Keep 'em coming.
Oh, and by the way; Dudymas, that e-mail you gave me apparently doesn't work. Maybe we shall play online again...

Zap

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted April 14, 2000 03:28 PM            
Team/player flags: In order to use this both the server and the client has to have the bitmap. They are BMP files that are called from a .ENT file in the Entities/Flags directory (think thats the dir). You will need to create an Entity for your flag and then have it distributed to the servers...at which point anyone (not just you) can use it. You will see nothing if you don't have the Bitmap though. And the server must have the data.

I don't know about the music though.

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

NOPeR
posted April 14, 2000 04:45 PM            
Should be "Entities\Insignia" instead of "Entities\Flags" - just double checked on my TM demo at work hehe

</thinking optimistically> Hmm, perhaps a insignia/map/tank downloading option is something that could be added in a later patch. Sure the files are big, but with Internet connections getting faster this wouldn't be such a big deal </thinking optimistically>

Right now TM will let you join a game with out having the map...it is rather funny because you end up driving around in pitch black, yet you can still see other tanks and drive around (though, you end up driving below the terrain!) Tanks show up as a small white box or even worse invisible.

NOPeR

[This message has been edited by NOPeR (edited April 14, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 14, 2000 06:40 PM            
I basically use my software that came with my sound card to record music and change it to a wav file. Recording turns down the volume and quality though so i will try to find another way soon. Right now i'm trying to think of other weapons and finish a book on C++. Wow, never knew that programming could be so simple and perplexing at the same time.

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

IP:

swisher
posted April 14, 2000 10:04 PM            
I have imported a lot music for use with Tread Marks.

I convert .mp3 files to .wav using MusicMatch Jukebox available at http://www.musicmatch.com/download .

This converts the .mp3 to stereo .wav. Music files in Tread Marks must be in Mono format (any frequency), so you must do a second conversion (I don't think MusicMatch Jukebox can convert to mono?). To convert to mono, I use Creative WaveStudio. This program came with my PC, and I don't know where to download it.

Place converted files into the music folder in Tread Marks (default directory is C:\Program Files\Tread Marks\sound\music).

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited April 14, 2000).]

IP:

Zap
posted April 17, 2000 09:47 AM            
Thanks for the replies. I got custom flags in. Now I need to get a scan of my photo so I can have my picture on the tank (dorkwad).

I'll get around to that music stuff eventually.

Zap

IP: