|
Author Topic:   What is the best kill you've ever had?
Kaeto
posted April 13, 2000 09:13 AM            
I think mine was in 2.1. It was on scarab, I had an MRL with like 4 shots left, and I was on top of the hill near the marker with 2 powerups on it. Flybynight was coming up the hill. I drove along sideways,turned back toward where I had come from, jumped off and shot all 4 shots from midair. All 4 hit dead on.
Another awesome kill was also near the marker on scarab. I had a nuke, it was a team game and I was on RC's team. He was right next to me. A tank comes flying at us and hits a jump. As soon as he goes airborne, I fire the nuke. 5 seconds later, boom! midair nukeage. It was so funny

IP:

Hawk
posted April 13, 2000 12:55 PM            
My best kill was on The Ramp back during the Test 2.1 era...I think it was Peeet who jumped off the ramp while I was running parallel to him with turret pivoted and opened fire with the Main Gun and somehow picked him off...Another fun kill was fighting on the test-version of RC's Hell server when the Concussions launched 20 nukes...distracted a tank while someone shot it at point-blank range and fragged it...I must have flown as high as you can possibly go...good thing Team Damage was off...}=)

IP:

VIO
posted April 13, 2000 06:28 PM            
I seriously doubt anyone is going to believe my account of "my best kill." But here goes for posterity sake if for nothing else... My best kill was with the full version on Sheldon's server. Im guessing it was about 2 months ago. We were using the Scarab map at the time. I can't remember who was the unlucky soul that ate my Cannon Shell.

But it was at around 700meters because I have max view distance set to 725 (or is it 750?). I was ramping over the tallest hill with that Statue (thanks to a generous helping of someone's Mass Driver shot to my Side.) As I was admiring the view from who know's how high up... I saw someone's tell-tale on my screen. Figured since I was up here.. I might as well take advantage of the stable gun platform (no bumps in the air) and squeeze off a round. (Never hurts to try.) What an amazing feeling to see that hit not only register.. but see him go Boom !! (Sheldon has the 1 hit .. 1 kill setting.) Of course there was alot of luck.. but man.. I still get the warm fuzzies just thinking about it. aaah I will just omit the part about me eating a healthy dose of Wasps upon impact. Vio,

[This message has been edited by VIO (edited April 13, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 13, 2000 08:51 PM            
I have had many great kills, not as good as the ones like above really, but i have a very awesome one that surpasses them all that comes close to pure luck. I once fired a nuke into the air at an ai and it just barely missed him and went flying off for another target i thought. I was all angry at him already so a popped off a few shots at him, which weapon i'm not too sure, as he came at me and sent him flying off way into the distance right into the warhead of my nuke, and BOOOOM! the next thing I know, his turret flies right over my head.

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited April 13, 2000).]

IP:

peeet
posted April 14, 2000 11:37 AM         
i think i remember that, Hawk! Ah, the good ol' days... do you even ever play anymore?!

my fave frag is described in /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000293.html

we should try to get the Deadliest Death Match going again! i joined a multiplayer the other night on Diamond Multimedia's server (i think they had planned a get-together frag fest, as there were alot of clan DDM there) and their server was running the smoothest i had ever played!

it was alot of fun and reminded me of our earlier Deadliest Death Match plans... if we need a good server, we can do it there (no AI's, good ping). and, i understand that they will install mods if requested ahead of time...

what do all you say?

[This message has been edited by peeet (edited April 14, 2000).]

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted April 14, 2000 03:24 PM            
I remember the days when I used to play almost daily - and was almost never beaten...

My favorite kill was when I took out 4 people inside 20 seconds with he Ramdrill (Beta 2.0 I think).

Probably my second favorite was on my hell server with the RGrenades...

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Hawk
posted April 14, 2000 03:47 PM            
And ME+your Plasma Pulser gun always = some seriously stunty kills...cutting holes in the ramp and then watching the AI fall down then dropping them with a machine gun was always amusing...and the Temporal Chaos Mining Corps(always looking for something new to drill through) cutting through the ramp in three different places....eheheheh, I gotta start playing this game again

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 14, 2000 06:58 PM            
I do so poorly with this slow connection and yet i'm whooping the AI's all the time with relatively no trouble at all. I once got a 207 fph from getting about 40 or so nukes and standing still on a hill fragging ai's as they came. The next thing i know i was standing on a steep plateau that had a top just big enough for four tanks to sit upon. I'd like to see just how much better everyone else is without any lag to bother them. I bet i could show some talent then, but i'm still convinced that i really am nothing compared to everyone else. How many think they could do better? I Do.

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

IP:

swisher
posted April 14, 2000 10:30 PM            
Yah, Dudymas, I lost some respect for the best players when I got DSL (just for TM, btw). High bandwidth makes the game nearly like playing single-player.

Still thinking about my best kill. I'm most proud of two: On Sheldon's server, Sheldon was going up a green, lush hill in front of me. Just as he crested the hill (very nearly out of my sight), I popped a 120mm off from a fair distance and fragged him in the rear -- this was the best shot I'd ever had. The second was again on Sheldon's server, and Wild Tangent was ahead of me on Hell Crossing and he took a bank quite fast, causing him to jump; I was a fair ways behind him and fragged him on with a mid-air 120mm shot -- not a lucky shot, but a deliberate, concise, beautiful frag.

IP:

swisher
posted April 16, 2000 01:16 PM            
Had my coolest frag last night. On the Scrab map, I was going up a two-tier hill and was moving on the incline of the first tier, turret pointing toward the second top of the second hill and then El Supremo (I think) flew over the top of that second tier, doing a barrel-roll -- spinning like football thrown with a perfect spiral. I popped him mid-air, mid-barrel. It was way cool. Wish I could have gotton a screen shot of that one.

IP:

kleenfreek
posted April 18, 2000 11:33 PM            
As long as we're talking about cool kills, is there any way to record games in a fashion similar to Quake demos?

IP: