|
Author Topic:   How Far Can You Mod Tread Marks?
Whirlwind
posted March 31, 2000 11:19 PM            
I know you can change the weapons and tank handling qualities, but can you also change meshes for the tanks? If so, how do you get your messes into the game?

I honestly prefer to push game engines to their limits as opposed to play them to their conclusion.

IP:

Vlad
posted April 01, 2000 03:17 AM            
I know nothing about 3d modelling (I wish I did), but I'm pretty sure that tanks (and every other mesh) is a .lwo file.

I believe that stands for LightWave Object (or something similar), and can be made with LightWave.

I know that extra tanks HAVE been made.

IP:

swisher
posted April 01, 2000 10:19 AM            
Yes, Random Chaos has made tanks.

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 01, 2000 10:25 PM            
You can mod TM up the wazoo!

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 02, 2000 03:28 PM            
You can go over to www.rhino3d.com and get a free modeler that saves a few times. You can edit meshes that way. I t is an awesome program if you can figure it out which i haven't found the time yet.

The download is trial version though it still does the job.

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited April 02, 2000).]

IP:

NOPeR
posted April 03, 2000 03:08 PM            
You can totally mod Treadmarks -- My brother and myself made:

- 8 new liquid style tanks (6 all original meshes, 2 modified existing meshes) created with 3DSMax and Lightwave and a variety of other (some free!) 3D programs. We began trying to do some work with the LUV files to make normal tanks, but began making maps and lost interest in tanks
- 1 totally new weapon with all new meshes and textures, The Shockwave...You drop a mine that beeps three times then explodes, the effect is just awesome as 6 waves of colored blasts spread leaving destruction in their wake.
- 3 original maps! (Had to write my own map editor to do this!) One map has plasma-rain spewers that gives the effect of raining plasma. Quite a messy display of death.
- Several ent based mods, a lot like the ones that already exist...Nuke servers, Instagib, etc...

I offered to share what we had a couple months ago and Random Chaos said we would as soon as he got his Mod section up...but I never heard back from him. The offer still stands for anyone with a TM site!

NOPeR
jonhansen@usa.net

IP:

peeet
posted April 03, 2000 03:40 PM         
hey everybody - NOPeR's got a map editor!!!
can you make these available for us?
i would REALLY like to check out the plasma rain map!
and i'm very interested in creating maps of my own...
maybe you could make them avail. for DL or email them ?
so cool! let me know!

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 03, 2000 04:53 PM            
If you could supply me with anything that would be free and efficient (or give information as to how i could obtain something like that) i would certainly like that. I don't need all the help since as soon as I earn enough money for Studio Max and co. plus an update on my version of photoshop, but it would certainly be very helpful of you if you could lend me a hand. If you could also tell me how you got the shockwaves (I have been able to make explosion spheres with ease but am very curious on other explosions) that would be great... BUT!!! it is best to tell all of this to RC before you tell me since he could distribute this information via his website. I would gladly take it too though. Sorry that i have this problem with being concise (i believe kaeto would have to agree on what problems it creates, though i assume i can be much much worse)but this is the best i can do. Just don't give any of this information to kaeto since he is still heretic and can't help me on spewers... heheheh.

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 05, 2000 03:21 PM            
ROTFL!!!

IP:

NOPeR
posted April 08, 2000 02:08 PM            
Now that Random Chaos' MOD download page is up I will see if he will post the new tanks, new maps, and the Shockwave weapon.
(RC already has an EMP Shockwave, so we may need to change the name of our weapon Though, not to dog anything made by RC, I've seen them both and our shockwave rocks!)

Also, I will get my brother to write up a tutorial on making new liquid tanks. I'm sure RC will post that on his site too.

For all of you who are too anxious to wait I recommend:
Getting 3DWin/3DWinOGL (http://www.stmuc.com/thbaier) to convert between several formats and the LWO format that is used in Tread Marks, and one of the free 3D modeler programs such as Blender.

NOTE: I will not release ANY map editor till LDA says it is okay. Plus, right now, it is buggy and I need to spend some more time working on it.

NOPeR - jonhansen@usa.net

IP:

NOPeR
posted April 08, 2000 02:13 PM            
Dudymas - To make a realistic shockwave explosion we created two new LWO models, one ring and one flat wave. The explosion sends of multiple waves from both of these models in different colors.

If you want I could give you specific help on spewers - One of the maps we created has custom spewers.

You can email me or my brother for additional help at:
NOPeR - jonhansen@usa.net
OracLe - tyhansen@usa.net

NOPeR

IP:

VIO
posted April 08, 2000 11:16 PM            
Hi NOPeR,
Im having some great difficulty in getting a series of spewers to work in the manner I would like. Kind of lengthy to describe it all here... but would you by any chance be able to give me a few ideas on what might be my problem ? If not, it's ok. But I would love to have someone's feedback. Im guessing I might have conflicting properties or a bunch of them trying to step over each other's intended behavior.

[This message has been edited by VIO (edited April 08, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 09, 2000 07:08 PM            
Tubular DUDE!!!!!

IP: