|
Author Topic:   A few ?'s of my own-
Azmyth
posted March 29, 2000 01:06 AM            
Does the Full Ver. allow point to point games?
Can I play & serve on the same box?
Is most of the game on the server side? Or do I need the occasionally d/l of new chassis/maps/skins/etc?
Has there been any issues w/ TM not getting along with USB devices?(Like a Razor BoomSlang Mouse...)
On one of the demo servers(something about a spoon...)I experienced a non-stop violent swinging of my turret in the forward 90 degree arc??

~@~

IP:

Vlad
posted March 29, 2000 02:09 AM            
quote:
Does the Full Ver. allow point to point games?

If you mean "peer to peer" by "point to point", then yes. Any single player game you run actually acts like a server. I've never tried it by myself, but it says so in the documentation. Just get your IP address (run winipcfg), run a single-player game, and someone else can join by typing in your IP address in their multiplayer connect box.

quote:
Can I play & serve on the same box?

You can by the above method. And I'm fairly sure you can run a dedicated server AND a client on the same box I've never tried it, personally (not even going to bother learning about the dedicated cfg for a 56k connection :-) ), but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

quote:
Is most of the game on the server side? Or do I need the occasionally d/l of new chassis/maps/skins/etc?

The full version of the game will autoupdate entities, but any extra tanks/skins will have to be downloaded. I haven't seen any servers up that require special downloads yet.

However, I do remember reading older posts about TCs server, and how there were new tanks being used on it (or something like that).

quote:
Has there been any issues w/ TM not getting along with USB devices?(Like a Razor BoomSlang Mouse...)

Not that I know of offhand. The code for the final and the demo are pretty close, though, so anything that works in the demo should work in the final.

quote:
On one of the demo servers(something about a spoon...)I experienced a non-stop violent swinging of my turret in the forward 90 degree arc??

Ah, good old lag. I always get that, but with a smaller arc (5-10 degrees, usually). That's related to lag. There's not much that can be done about it aside from either somehow optimizing your connection, or finding another, faster, server.

I hope that helps

-Vlad

IP:

Saint_Proverbius@Ni!
posted March 29, 2000 02:59 PM            
quote:
However, I do remember reading older posts about TCs server, and how there were new tanks being used on it (or something like that).

Any idea how much is possible conversion-wise? I read on their mod page that you can really only edit entities now, so how much an you tweak with just ents?
-
Also, will there be a map editor and things like that?

IP:

Hawk
posted March 29, 2000 07:20 PM            
Ah...how much can you tweak with ENTs? All the weapons and their effects are completely tweakable with their ENT files...as are the tanks (max speed, gun armament, armor, etc)

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 29, 2000 09:33 PM            
You are able to completely create new weapons. I myself have done this as far as Adobe Photoshop 4 will take me. I will try to edit meshes but i'm unsure as to how succesful that can be. In other words: You got the time, money to buy editing software, and logic... then you could do it.
Now i will testify that there are some variables that i would like created. I will post those as soon as i can remember them all.

THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY WILL HAVE TO BE DOWNLOADED IS ANYTHING THAT WAS NOT ORIGINALLY WITH TREAD MARKS. These are new images and new meshes.

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited March 29, 2000).]

IP: