This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   I LOVE THIS GAME & I'M SPREADING THE WORD!
Azmyth
posted March 28, 2000 10:07 PM            
Everyone who has seen this on my machine,
has rushed home to begin the demo d/l!!!
I can't wait for the Full Version Disc that on it's way!!!
Are there more than just 6 servers hosting TM right now?
Who's got the best TM fanpage going??
Can you play & serve on the same machine, or does it require a dedicated box?
My Praises to ya!
My wife curses.....

~@~

IP:

Hawk
posted March 28, 2000 10:20 PM            
To address some of your questions:
The number of servers varies from day to day. The current best fan site is Random Chaos's site treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com , etc etc, there's also my not-often updated site at jump.to/jumpgate

------------------
Hawk Presents
A Hawk Designed Message
In Association With Hawk
A Division Of Hawk Incorporated

IP:

Saint_Proverbius@Ni!
posted March 28, 2000 10:34 PM            
I gotta agree.. The demo is great. I've been telling as many people as I can about it. Of course, I haven't tried it multiplayer yet.

IP:

Azmyth
posted March 28, 2000 11:05 PM            
Thanks for the links Hawk!
(The midi's got to go! sorry bud!)
I've got a screenshot webpage for another game I'm Beta testing....I'll have to add a section dedicated to TM>
You will be seeing much more of me in the future!
Like the talented piper, I shall draw many others to this community....

If you care to look>>>
http://www.geocities.com/jg_azmyth/JumpGate.html?943213442310

~@~

IP:

Vlad
posted March 28, 2000 11:36 PM            
You sound like I do when I first started playing the demo. I'm still telling everybody I know about the game.

I've actually noticed a steady increase in popularity of it in the past few weeks.

IP:

Saint_Proverbius@Ni!
posted March 29, 2000 12:14 AM            
I don't think I've ever played a racing game nearly this fun since Racing Destruction Set back on my friend's old C64. I've decided to beg my wife for the final version for my birthday.

IP:

Vlad
posted March 29, 2000 02:14 AM            
!!!!!

I remember Racing Destruction set!! I played that thing for HOURS as a kid. Even though you could just hold the forward key and have the car auto-steer into turns.

That game had the best track maker.

/me goes and hunts down a C64 emulator...

-Vlad

IP:

swisher
posted March 29, 2000 09:08 AM            
You can play and serve on the same machine.

IP:

peeet
posted March 29, 2000 09:47 AM         
heh heh... TM has become the bane of spouses everywhere! we should start a TreadMarks Widow's support group for them!

IP:

Vlad
posted March 29, 2000 12:27 PM            
[about to invoke the ire of everybody on here]

I'm so glad that my signifigant other is into video games. :-)

IP:

swisher
posted March 29, 2000 12:31 PM            
My spouse is "tired of looking at the back of my head."

IP:

babybeans
posted March 29, 2000 02:55 PM            
hey saint!
Get the game, get the game! How far away is your birthday?

IP:

Saint_Proverbius@Ni!
posted March 29, 2000 03:01 PM            
April 11th, I can't hardly wait.. She's putting off ordering it, because she knows I'll intercept it from the delivery guy.
-
This message board is fairly inactive, how big is the fan base for this game?

IP:

babybeans
posted March 29, 2000 03:04 PM            
heheh. We'll just have to MAKE it active! As for a shipment timetable...I ordered it last Monday and it got to me on Friday.

So, have you deserted BZ2 for this game yet? hehe. I have until a new BZ2 patch comes out, then we'll see...

IP:

Hawk
posted March 29, 2000 03:36 PM            
I've noticed some gaming mags packaging the TreadMarks demo in their demo discs lately, like PC Accelerator. That could explain the sudden popularity.

------------------
Hawk Presents
A Hawk Designed Message
In Association With Hawk
A Division Of Hawk Incorporated

IP:

Saint_Proverbius@Ni!
posted March 29, 2000 03:56 PM            
I dropped BZ2 about a month ago. It's just too buggy.
-
That's cool on the time table.. I'll have to tell her it takes two weeks.
-
I'd kill for someone to ask my modification questions. I think this game would make a nice Capture and Hold or Defend and Destroy base game. Someone? Anyone?

IP:

babybeans
posted March 29, 2000 04:03 PM            
Tell her it takes two weeks AND the game is on back order, so she'd better place the order now!
heh

IP:

peeet
posted March 29, 2000 04:38 PM         
so glad to see that so many people love TM when they try it - i was hooked from the start!

capture the flag and other ideas were battered around during beta testing, and were definitely considered for future versions... sadly, though, LDA's founder and programmer recently passed away (we love you, Seumas! www.gamedev.net/community/memorial/seumas ), so the future is unknown at this point. LDA is a family business, and they must be devestated by their loss... i don't think that they've made any plans as of yet.

as far as mod questions, post them here or in a new topic (or see if they are discussed in older topics) and i'm sure someone will help you if they can! also try Random Chaos' fan page (listed as a link from www.treadmarks.com) can't wait to see what you come up with...!

IP:

IndiQa
posted March 29, 2000 05:25 PM            
I also. I came I saw I dl'd Demo I loved I ordered.

It would be great to have a map editor.

IndiQa

IP:

Saint_Proverbius@Ni!
posted March 29, 2000 05:53 PM            
quote:
capture the flag and other ideas were battered around during beta testing, and were definitely considered for future versions... sadly, though, LDA's founder and programmer recently passed away (we love you, Seumas! www.gamedev.net/community/memorial/seumas ), so the future is unknown at this point.

I know, it's got to be extremely tough for both a family and a business to lose someone as talented as Seumus was.. Especially when he was so young and had such a bright future.
quote:
as far as mod questions, post them here or in a new topic (or see if they are discussed in older topics) and i'm sure someone will help you if they can! also try Random Chaos' fan page (listed as a link from www.treadmarks.com) can't wait to see what you come up with...!

Random Chaos's web page doesn't appear to have been updated for over a year, if the date's right on it. If the date's wrong, it's been several months.
-
This forum could use the activity though.
-
Hopefully they'll release an SDK of some sort so we can make some nifty custom teamplay modifications.
-
Buildings would be nice as well. I used to love fighting in the middle of a city in Starsiege.

IP:

peeet
posted March 29, 2000 09:00 PM         
yeah, RC has been very busy at school, and he recently had hardware probs. with his jazz drive - thought he lost all his TM stuff...

i encourage all to post to his TM forum and his moding forum - i'm sure he'll reply as soon as he can, and others who read the forum can help as well...

i do know that a map editor and texture wrapper were/are planned on being released...

i also would like to make a city map (thought about a maze, also...). would definitely be fun!

IP:

Dudymas
posted March 29, 2000 09:21 PM            
HEhe, RC just found out that he didn't lose any of his data on his jaz disk. Poor guy, instead of buying a new jaz disk, he has to buy another jaz drive all together. What does he do to deserve these things. I bet that it can be rooted down to parent sabotage. I believe in it as well as sister sabotage. Another thing. As of now, i believe the only sure way that you can edit meshes and stuff is to use Rhino (get a downloaded trial version on-line at www.rhino3d.com which can save a file 25 times) or imagine 3d. I know very well there are plenty of other thingies out there so feel free to update me. I myself am trying to get a modeling program for a hobby i am thinking of. Try to save up and buy 3d studio max r3 if you can too. I cannot quote anyone on saying that max will work on lightwave objects (lwo)but you can also go to www.discreet.com and find the demo. I haven't the time or money to really think about max. Good luck if you want to buy light wave to edit the objects since i don't think you could really describe what kind person you need to be able to afford such a program (it is fun though... ;-))

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited March 29, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dudymas (edited March 30, 2000).]

IP:

peeet
posted March 29, 2000 10:02 PM         
always trying to find the least expensive way out, i think that i've found some freeware/shareware modeling programs to make the meshes and/or convert to .lwo... (i also have AutoCAD 2000 at work)

i found the freeware modeller at: http://www.ameritech.net/users/pdkeller
it can open .3ds files (and dirextX files?) and save .3ds files (and dirextX files?). the documentation is lacking, but seems very easy to use. note: the program crashes when i exit on my machine at work, but otherwise seems to work well.

a nice little file to convert .3ds files to .lwo files is 3DWinOGL (it has an OpenGL preview). i think 3DWinOGL can be found at: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/thbaier

i haven't tried the combination of the two programs to create a mesh for TM yet... but it's encouraging that there may be a good, inexpensive way to create models for TM!

i don't know if rhino could make the texture files for TM meshes, though. i think that LDA uses a custom "UV wrapper" for the bitmap template and .luv files. new tank meshes could be made into liquid tanks, though, as they are textured in a different manner than UV mapping.

now i just need the time to play with this stuff!

IP:

Saint_Proverbius@Ni!
posted March 30, 2000 11:17 AM            
Yeah, 3D modellers are WAY too expensive. I don't think any software should cost more than the computer it runs on.

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 30, 2000 12:56 PM            
http://www.blender.nl
Freeware modeler, gotta find a way to get it's output into an LWO... It's a decent proggy if you're running at 1280x1024 or above...

Yes, I'm back I'm hopefully gonna buy TM soon

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2