|
Author Topic:   Creative Labs GeForce.. But I get slideshows.
VIO
posted March 21, 2000 11:21 PM            
Hello everyone,

Im writing this to all of you with high hopes that someone can provide me with clear easy to understand instructions on what files / DLL's / Wrappers... Etc that I need in order to run TreadMarks with a Creative Labs GeForce.

Im getting nothing but slide shows even with the opening screen. I have messed around for about three weeks.. and the only thing I can achieve is bare bones settings with the absolute minimal graphics to be able to play.

I saw an earlier message about someone with a Creative Labs GeForce who was using maximum settings and getting great results. No one has responded to my reply to that topic.. so Im hoping that someone might read this one and have some information to assist me in getting my system up to speed.

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

By the way.. I own a full version copy that I bought about 5 weeks ago.

I go by the name of >>TARGET<< on Sheldon's server.

Later and .. good gaming to all !!

Vio,

IP:

Sehnsucht
posted March 22, 2000 03:08 PM            
Are you using OpenGL, GLIDE, or Software mode? You wanna make sure its OpenGL mode..

IP:

swisher
posted March 24, 2000 01:09 AM            
Try running GL Setup. You can get it from www.glsetup.com

This should install all of the drivers needed to run Tread Marks. It will almost certainly correct any possible driver problems.

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 01, 2000 10:39 PM            
You still having this problem? Email me and I'll see if I can help ya!

IP:

VIO
posted April 03, 2000 09:15 PM            
Im going to retry the GlSetup once more.
I have been trying variations of the Registry settings on the Tweak3D page (truly amazing informative series). But all to no avail. Nothing gets better.. but strangely nothing gets worse.

Everyone keeps mentioning to get the latest drivers. Unfortunately that doesnt work. I tried the latest greatest from Creative Lab's site.. they even were considered more recent than the 5.xx drivers from Nvida.

I will let ya know what I find out by Wed night. Might not get around to being able to uninstall old drivers.. then install new ones untill then. (Busy working on TM weapon Mod.)

Thank you very much for your interest in helping me.

VIO,
(aka >>Target<< )

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 05, 2000 03:18 PM            
I'm gonna be gone for the next month, so I'll give ya what I can right now...

Running win95? If so, make sure the USB supplement is installed...

Do any other OpenGL games work? (like quake 2 or 3)

Look in your treadmarks folder. If there is a file called "opengl32.dll" rename it to something else.

Try switching to windows VGA drivers, rebooting, then running GLSetup.

IP:

BIGDADDY
posted April 10, 2000 10:33 AM            
I am the guy getting the great results w/an Annhihilator Pro. I use Nvidia 5.08 drivers. DO NOT use the latest 5.13, they caused me no end of greif with Treadmarks.

IP:

VIO
posted April 11, 2000 11:38 PM            
I only have the "regular" Creative Labs Annihilator.. not the Pro version. But, some combo of uninstall / reinstall of different drivers seems to have helped.

Anything higher than version 368 causes me to have to use the D3D_ON batch file AND to use minimal graphic settings.

But with 368.. Im able to get 40fps with medium settings. Still not the best.. but better.

Go figure.

Anything in the 5xx series doesnt work for me.

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 12, 2000 12:48 PM            
Why don'tcha see if there's a BIOS upgrade for you card that you might need to use the new drivers?

IP:

VIO
posted April 12, 2000 07:36 PM            
Good idea. But I unfortunately already did that about two weeks ago. Got the latest upgrades directly from Creative's home page.

One thing that Im starting to suspect is that some MicroSoft "magic" is going on .. and as a result, the procedures that Im following to correctly uninstall / install new OpenGL drivers may in fact not be working correctly on my computer. Will have to continue researching I guess. But in the mean time.. its tolerable.

IP:

Kaeto
posted April 12, 2000 10:14 PM            
Are you running win95 or 98? BIG difference, 98 is just a whole lot easier to work with...

IP:

VIO
posted April 13, 2000 06:20 PM            
I have win98. That's what is making this all a hard pill to swallow. Other games such as HalfLife, UT2, CounterStrike (HL Mod) work just fine regardless of the version of drivers I use. Ugh.

Im still guessing its something about my machine setup that is causing this. Maybe a little mixture of game and machine. But I cant imagine its just the game's problem. Has to be something hardware/driver related as well.

[This message has been edited by VIO (edited April 13, 2000).]

IP:

Dudymas
posted April 13, 2000 09:03 PM            
Well, i'm about to get an annihilator pro so i'll tell you my results too. Just gotta wait for the dern thingy to go back into stock.

------------------
Dudymas: The Other White Meat

IP: