|
Author Topic:   Seumas died today
LDA Jim
Administrator
posted March 21, 2000 07:55 PM            
It is a tragic loss to us as a family ....Seumas died at 2PM eastern time today... Tuesday March 21st.

IP:

cass
posted March 21, 2000 10:15 PM            

Has the family designated a specific charity or effort that donations should be sent to?

IP:

Kegel
posted March 22, 2000 12:25 AM         
Best wishes to Seumas' family and friends....you are in my thoughts.

IP:

dan2000
posted March 22, 2000 12:37 AM            
I cant believe the person who contributed so much to Treadmarks has died....he must have been a great person.

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted March 22, 2000 12:57 AM            
So sorry to hear that...best wishes.

IP:

Hawk
posted March 22, 2000 07:57 AM            
My condolences...
I never even met him (except in a couple of games of TM online) and I'm still all choked up today...I can't imagine what you guys in his family are feeling...
We'll all miss him...

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited March 22, 2000).]

IP:

swisher
posted March 22, 2000 08:47 AM            
I've found myself weeping for your loss. I've prayed for Seumas since I heard he was ill. I will continue to pray for you. What a tragedy. He was extremely talented and intelligent. I've spent quite a bit of time reading previous posts and his maturity was well beyond his years. I am extremely sorry for your loss. Please accept my prayers and condolences.

[This message has been edited by swisher (edited March 22, 2000).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted March 22, 2000 09:39 AM            
Best wishes and condolences to his family. I'm deeply sorry...

IP:

ALPHA
posted March 22, 2000 12:30 PM            
No words can replace the look of his face
No phrase could describe the sound of his stride
his body gone, but his works carry on.

may God comphert his family in their loved ones absence.

I am among those who dident know him aside from reading a few posts on the Forums here and there, but like every one else he touched, we all share the saddness of his departure.

My condolances and best wishes to his family and friends
<S>

-FURY (13 Ravens talons)

IP:

CharlieC
posted March 22, 2000 12:55 PM         
Seumas was a kind and brilliant man who deserved so much more. What he learned and the potential he demonstrated is truly staggering. Seumas and the rest of you are truly incredible and I wish you all the best in getting through this. Never in my life have I seen such a close family as yours and I am thankful to have met you.

Seumas will not be forgotten.

-Charlie Cleveland

IP:

MaskingTape
posted March 22, 2000 02:00 PM            
You have my prayers as well.

I've only had the pleasure of talking to him on AOLIM but I still feel as if I knew him personally. He had a great personality and I had a great time chatting with him. It's sad to see him go.

Best Wishes,

Ryan Cornetta

IP:

AFool
posted March 22, 2000 08:03 PM            
Seumas You Will Always Be My Hero.

~AFool~
nobody special

IP:

[DMM] Serpentius
posted March 23, 2000 12:53 PM            
So sorry to hear the news, I was shocked.

We were lucky enough to catch a glimpse of him at GDC, and my associate was able to talk with him for a few.

The gaming world has surely lost a bright star, and we are all deeply saddened at this news.

Please accept all of the DMM Federation and Underground members' sincerest condolences for your loss.

Tread Marks is truly an inspirational game, and quickly becoming one of our favorites.

If there is anything we could ever do, please let us know.

Sincerely,

[DMM]Serpentius

IP:

noam
posted March 23, 2000 06:51 PM            
This is a great tragedy.
I am so sorry I never had the chance to meet Seumas in person, I came to GDC a couple of weeks ago from Israel (where I live) and saw Jim at the Tread Marks kiosk. I just downloaded the shareware a couple of weeks before that so I went to Jim to tell him I think it's a great game. I was really amazed when Jim told me this game was written by one programmer, so I asked him if they have any new games under development, Jim replied that they do not have such plans right now,
I did not realize that Seumas was so ill at that time.

My best wishes to the family at this difficult time.

------------------

IP:

Sidewind
posted March 26, 2000 03:02 PM            
you will never be forgotten

eric

IP:

big0nes
posted March 27, 2000 10:48 PM            
My thoughts and prayers go out to family and friends. I never knew Seumas, but was deeply saddened to read about his passing.

IP: