|
Author Topic:   Weapon Elevation Controls and other suggestions
Goose
posted March 16, 2000 10:18 PM            
I like the game, but one problem i have with it is that there is no elevation control. Real tanks have the ability to elevate and depress their turret just as fast as they can rotate it, and i would like to see that ability in this game. Aiming in one dimension just doesn't work for me, especially with all the bouncing around my tank does... I can see how an elevation control wouldn't be necessary for the side mounted weapons, but for the main gun and turret-mounted weapons i would like to see some elevation control.

I would also like to see some sort of cross hairs displayed over where my turret is pointing, because sometimes it is rather difficult to judge exactly what the gun is pointing to. It could be along the lines of the laser pointer that you've included with the mass driver, or it could just overlay wherever the bullet would strike first (the first intersection of the bullet flight path with the terrain or another vehicle).

Finally, i would like to be able to change the weapon i'm using without running out of ammunition first. This could be just a key to drop the currently selected weapon, if it's not the main gun, or (preferably) there'll be a weapon-switch key binding as well, and the capacity to pick up one each of the side, rear, and turret mounted weapons to allow more flexibility in firing.

IP:

peeet
posted March 17, 2000 02:36 AM         
goose - look back at the earlier posts (>30 days ago)... this discussion has been hashed and re-hashed since beta-testing. the previous posts will explain all (but not to your liking )
give the game more of a chance as it is - you'll probably come around!

IP:

Sehnsucht
posted March 17, 2000 04:22 AM            
If you develope the skill, you'll be nailing people two hills away with the pea shooter, and making mid-air kills left and right.

Crosshairs and vertical aim and weapon dropping wouldn't be as much fun - instead of having to learn how all the weapons behave (and their variations on customized servers) and also being smart when picking up a weapon (but sometimes you have no choice - curse the game for dropping me on THAT respawn!), you'd be able to just maneuver your crosshairs and fire, without knowing the way the weapon works. Also, many weapons can't use these crosshairs.

Those who are truly good players can kill with ANY of the weapons. (Except in some cases on modified servers where for example, the MRLS fires rockets that fall two feet from the front of your tank...)

IP:

Cell
posted March 17, 2000 06:24 PM         

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP: