|
Author Topic:   Steering wheel
swisher
posted February 25, 2000 11:50 PM            
I just got an Act Labs Force RS steering wheel, but it doesn't work in Tread Marks.
It works in every other racing game I have.

I have the wheel connected via USB.

Anyone have a wheel that works in Tread Marks?

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted February 26, 2000 12:48 AM            
If the wheel is set as the first or primary joystick then it should work with Tread Marks.

IP:

swisher
posted February 27, 2000 07:06 PM            
I tried this, but it still doesn't work. Has anyone out there used a wheel with Tread Marks?

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted February 27, 2000 07:43 PM            
We have a Logitech, Wingman, Formula Force wheel, which seems to work OK.

We haven't tested any others.

IP:

swisher
posted February 28, 2000 08:43 AM            
Good to know. Since my Force RS works in every other game I own, it's obviously a software problem with Tread Marks and should probably be fixed in the next release/patch.
Thank you so much for all of your help.

IP:

Sehnsucht
posted March 01, 2000 04:20 AM            
That's rather presumptous. The other wheels work fine - which means its more likely your wheel.

The other racing games probably were intended to be used with racing wheels, while TM, as far as I know, just uses the standard joystick interface.

Does the wheel work w/ games that only support joysticks? (i.e. start of quake or something and see if you can use it to turn or move left/right with joystick enabled)

Now, it might be something with TM - but I doubt it. More likely your wheel doesn't properly support the generic joystick interface.

But, of course, I should be wrong. On the other hand, so could you - or even, both of us.

IP:

swisher
posted March 01, 2000 08:49 AM            
Tread Marks is sold as a racing (and battle) game!

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted March 01, 2000 11:52 AM            
Given that "real" tanks don't have steering wheels, we didn't worry too much about wheel support for Tread Marks.

....Not that the tanks in Tread Marks behave in a very "real" manner

....so we'll look at adding more support.

IP:

swisher
posted March 02, 2000 08:34 AM            
It would be greatly appreciated!

I'm pushing my luck, but force feedback might be cool. I think it would automagically work with all force joysticks, too.

You've been great. Thank you again.

IP: