|
Author Topic:   Inverted Mouse, Nukes, and assorted other stuff.
Vlad
posted February 14, 2000 06:41 PM            
After reading the Treadmarks review on FiringSquad, I had to check out the demo.

And I absolutely love it. It's amazing what a team of four can do that would take a larger development house years. I could go on, but I'll get to the questions.

1) In the full version, is there an "invert mouse" option? I saw another post regarding that, but didn't see any official response. I'll probably email LDA about it, but was just wondering if anybody would be able to tell me if that option was in the full version, or otherwise enable-able.

2) Is it just me, or should the nukes have a slightly larger area of affect? It seems that the shockwave only does any damage close to ground zero, and the actual visible shockwave has no effect. It seems that it should do SOME damage, or have more range..

3) Are there any other gameplay-related changes from the demo to the full version that anybody knows about? Or is the full version just more maps and tanks? (not that I'm not planning on getting it anyway :-) )

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted February 14, 2000 09:44 PM            
re: "invert mouse" option....planned for the patch....plus other stuff

nukes....yes they look more dangerous than they are....but they are still the most powerful single shot weapon in the game....We were afraid of clearing the map ...Maybe we add a touch of spice...yes!...

Yah...just 49 more maps...with a volcano and the moon.... ..... ...... ......

IP:

Blacktooth
posted February 14, 2000 10:11 PM         
I just read the Firingsquad review you mentioned Vlad (and stay away from my neck!). I pretty much agree with them, but they gave away some of my hard-earned strategies (no biggy). As for your full version questions:
1) No
2) Maybe, I just like watching them (from a adistance, of course)
3) Many more maps (52 I believe) they are more varied than FS pointed out, IMHO. Many more tanks (around 20) with different characteristics (i.e. accel, maybe top speed, and their "roll-over" tendencies). No new weapons, although many are making new ones and have them on their servers. FS mentioned the sheep mines, ala Random Chaos, which is a subset of his much vaunted animines (I think he has that term copyrighted LOL). Also he has a pulse____. The full version is needed for these. His Hell Server (when it ever comes back online) had/has just about every weapon changed drastically thus making it real hell but a good time. I think Lore has a few new weapons too.

Hope that helps.

IP:

Vlad
posted February 14, 2000 11:15 PM            
Heh... I just have to remind myself just how many maps 50+ is :-)

I noticed that the 3 demo tanks have different characteristics. Liquid Falcon seems to be more nimble, yet easier to knock around, while Nemesis is a bit more beefy.

Awesome news that the invert mouse is planned for the patch. It took me forever to realize that that was why I was having problems with mouse movement.

I read about the hell server earlier today while browsing the older posts. Sounds like a ton o' fun, although I shudder to think what would happen to the FPS with about 20+ nukes going off...

IP:

Blacktooth
posted February 15, 2000 10:04 PM         
The nukes arent near as bad as the matter bombs. The fog, from a gazillion of them at once going off, really slows me down and is hell to see through! (BTW I have a TNT2Ultra) But ahhhhhhhhh... terraforming is such a hoot!

IP: