|
Author Topic:   Multiplay Connection Freezes
Lore
posted February 04, 2000 12:51 AM            
Hullo,

Oft when i try connecting to other servers, it sends player info and gets the map okay, but when it should be counting craters or dropping me in, i only see a really zoomed in view of the ground, and it just stays there. I can still get back to the server menu, but the game just stalls there. I've waited a few minutes in that zoomed-terrain limbo. . . should i wait longer?

I haven't had any other problems with the game. i run a p3 450, 256 ram, ati rage 128, win 98 os. Wellp, any advice appreciated =)

- Lore

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted February 04, 2000 01:49 AM            
That could happen if you join a demo server, playing the full version and have a non-demo tank selected.

???

IP:

peeet
posted February 04, 2000 09:43 AM         
you have to use Dreadnaught, Nemesis or Liquid Falcon tanks to log into a demo game from the full version...

IP:

TNT
posted February 04, 2000 01:59 PM         
I tried the new widow tank, and I noticed that this happened on a full version server.
Does anyone know why?

[This message has been edited by TNT (edited February 04, 2000).]

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted February 05, 2000 11:37 AM            
Yes - the Server MUST have the tank in order for you to use the tank and not have the game freeze. Thus, never select a non-default tank until after connecting to a server. LDA is going to fix this in the first update, whenever that is.

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP: