|
Author Topic:   Game frezzes a lot.
Charliey
posted February 03, 2000 09:18 PM            
When ever i go into Tread Marks, it frezzes at some point in the game. The computer commpletely stops responding and the hard drive light comes on but it is not doing anything. Does anyone know what might be the problem? I have an ATI Rage Fury 128 with 32MB Ram, Newest ATI drivers.
Thanks, Charlie

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted February 03, 2000 09:42 PM            
We have a PIII 500 Win98 system with an ATI Rage128 in it.

We've had it run for more than 24 hours at a shot....although it has 128megs of RAM.

Try switching the sound to Direct Sound or Wave Out....We've had sound problems trip things up on some of our systems...thus the options.

Also, check for background apps....they might trip things up.

IP:

Angryviking
posted February 03, 2000 09:44 PM            
I USED to have an ATI...nothing but trouble I'm afraid to report. Isn't there something in the troubleshooting dept. on this site about the ATI?

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted February 03, 2000 09:50 PM            
Try using the ATI drivers with GLSetup 110 ...on the Tread Marks CD. We run them on our ATI system without problem....

We have a few different systems and like our TNT based cards best....just got a GeForce but haven't put it in a system yet....yum

IP:

peeet
posted February 03, 2000 10:10 PM         
was having the same problem with my new TNT2 card. traced the problem to system BIOS settings. after i disabled video RAM cache, video BIOS cache, and video BIOS shadow, then set AGP aperature size to 16MB (that seemed to be the major problem), i have played for 6 hrs. straight (i gave up before my system did!). i've heard it recommended that the AGP aperature be set to 1/2 system RAM, but i need it set to 16MB - if i set it to 32MB or higher, TreadMarks locks up within a few seconds to minutes into the game.

fyi, my system: PII-333, intel 400LX chipset motherboard, 64MB RAM.

IP:

Charliey
posted February 03, 2000 10:16 PM            
Thanks for all the replys i will have to try some of thoes suggestions, cuz i really want to play the game.

IP: