|
Author Topic:   Would ctf be any fun with this game???
TITAN
posted February 01, 2000 09:32 AM            
Just wondering if ctf would work and be fun
with treadmarks.Just thought i would throw this up on the forum.
Keep On Fragging

IP:

Hawk
posted February 01, 2000 10:15 AM            
capture the flag sounds cool...

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted February 01, 2000 11:01 AM            
Well, LDA is planing a Capture the Sheep mod (thus why sheep mines are fun )

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

peeet
posted February 01, 2000 01:41 PM         
just my 2 cents - i think that ctf really SHOULD be programmed into TM. right now i can hardly imagine getting bored of blowing each other up, but a little more strategy, team coop. and a goal would be awesome to keep things interesting...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 04, 2001 08:51 PM            
yes, ctf would be fun, and is fun.

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 06, 2001 10:12 PM            
CAPTURE THE SHEEP!!! Who's with me? (other than RC) *forces Hawk and peeeto to raise their hands*

IP:

Dudymas
posted August 06, 2001 10:19 PM            
Oh, btw, before someone says it (I know we said it before, but I need to make sure that I make a good example) we should think of other things like soccer with H-bombs or run over the squirel. What about advanced capture the flag in which you have to pick up multiple flags one or two at a time and then return them to your base and other teams can steal your flags but if you get three total then everyone on your team who picked up a flag frags all the other teams who's flags were captured... prolly three teams picking up each flag one at a time should be enough, and I bet that will be a REAL challenge for advanced CTF players. Why not have players fly out of their tanks and then proceed to yell "OUCH" every time you run over them or hit them with some sort of projectile until they can run back to their home base and get a new tank... MWAHAHHAHAHAH... but they can pick up nukes and steer them... uh oh, I'm getting a little light headed, better stop sapping the world around me of peace and order and logic with all-natural good cookie-doughness.

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 07, 2001 01:24 AM            
I couldn't agree with you less Dudy, I think LDA should focus more attention on Death Matches then CTF derivatives. But, you do make one interesting point though, I think TM should have perhaps a variable death time. So that if you die you just don't get a new tank right a way, you have to sit there for like 10 seconds. It could be totally ajustable by the server op. and it would force us to be better skilled then suicidal.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 07, 2001 01:44 AM            
That option already exists. You can't make it random, but you can increase or decrease that time I think.

=MM=LordDrow

IP:

The Weatherman
posted August 07, 2001 10:21 AM         
coax - that is a great idea! How about we boost the retank time for the next DDM to 10 sec?

BTW, LD, where is that setting?

[This message has been edited by The Weatherman (edited August 07, 2001).]

IP:

Rex R
posted August 07, 2001 01:22 PM            
think I recall seeing that in one of the ents, not sure

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted August 07, 2001 01:48 PM            
I agree 10 sec retank time

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

LordDrow
posted August 08, 2001 11:30 AM            
I think it is in one of the stock entities. But I can't remember for sure. Found it one time just looking in files to see what each did. Will have to surf around and find what I can about them again.

LordDrow

IP: