This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   Deadliest Deathmatch III
Random Chaos (TC)
posted January 26, 2000 01:17 PM            
CANCELED DUE TO NETWORK PROBLEMS - WILL RESCHEDULE

Pay Attention to these top 2 posts - I will update them with info as it is decided in responces to this.
DDM Test Server Info: Currently down due to network problems. You will now need to download files - see next post.

----------------------------
List of Participants
(I'll keep this updated with new people)

Temporal Chaos

• Random Chaos
  • Tempralisis
  • Inspector Gadget
  • Hawk

Black Widow Lance:
    (you might like our new Black Widow Tank )

• ?

LDA:

• Seumas
  • Jim
  • Philippe

GP:

• ?

Independent:

• peeet

Random Chaos
    Clan Temporal Chaos

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited January 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited January 30, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited February 02, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited February 04, 2000).]

IP:

• Random Chaos (TC)
    posted January 26, 2000 01:17 PM            
    My DDM Test server is temporarily down due to network problems (should be fine by Feb 5th - maintenence is supposed to be done by then).

When it comes back up, I will ba having add-on tanks. The following files have all the tanks in them:

• Only New Tank Objects and Textures
  • All files for add-on tanks

These add-ons were updated on 1/30/00 - they will be changed over time.

So, full version with outside players sounds fine...

Our Clan's (TC) Tank Skins and Flags are not yet complete...but you can almost guarentee that (TC)Tempralisis and myself will be playing with a Spider Tank (see my New Tank post).

As for GP - you in?
    As for LDA - you?

My only Guarenteed time of availability is M/W nights but I am usually able to be on for at least a few hours on Fri/Sat in the evening. Depends mostly on whether my roommate is arround.

(TC)Inspector Gadget is not available Sat night, but most other evenings can be arrange in advance.

(TC)Tempralisis is available most evenings also if its known in advance.

(I know there are 2 other days a week that at least 1 of them is not available - but I don't know which days)

What are good times for all of you?

If I run the server, I will use basic weapons with basic spawn times, but add:
    - Plasma Pulser
    - Sheep Mine
    - Kangaroo Mine
    - EMP Shockwave
    I will weaken the Plas Pulse and the Mines a little to game balence them. I will also increase the fire rate of the Plasma a fraction so it doesn't loose a head to head battle with the main gun...

I'll set the server when we do this to a fairly high number of players (1.5* the listed above) - hope I can get enough bandwidth at those times, but since a lot of people aren't in on Fri/Sat, I should be able to. Also, this may be the first test of a 30+ person server...

I will include a download package for any added tanks that are to be added once we near the test time.

------------
    Random Chaos
    Clan Temporal Chaos

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited January 27, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited January 30, 2000).]

IP:

• peeet
    posted January 26, 2000 03:38 PM         
    sounds good! i really hope LDA will play, as this was orig. meant to help celebrate the release of the game!

i would rather play mon. or wed. (monday's are better for me), but i totally understand the bandwidth issue and would be willing to do a fri. or sat. night!

Hawk - where can i download your skin? and how should i place it/set it up in my directory structure?

i hope to at least color up a skin for myself by that time... i'll post where to get before match time if i get to it.

looking forward to it!

IP:

Hawk
    posted January 26, 2000 04:52 PM            
    All I have done is a rough draft of the finalized skin, which will be done by the time the Full Ver arrives on its scheduled Friday time

IP:

Kinlord
    posted January 27, 2000 03:31 AM            
    Hey RC! Sorry I didnt make it to the server tonight I was err under the weather. You can check out the clips I mentioned at http://www.npgames.com

Anyways this sounds like a great event to use to make the mods film that I had been talking to you about.

Keep me updated on when this is happening and I will show to participate and take some clips of it. I'll also see if one of the other editors, at least, can make it for our team and if you want you can put us on the independent team.

Jason McDuffee
    kinlord@npgames.com

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
    posted January 27, 2000 08:33 PM            
    I have confirmation that the whole group at LDA will be trying to make it now...depending on their ping will depend on how many show up (they have only 2 56K lines off their island)

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
    posted January 28, 2000 12:10 PM            
    FYI:

I have a test Deadliest Deathmatch server up (no special tanks yet) for play balencing the weapons. Anyone who wants to practice for this hop on...

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
    posted January 30, 2000 04:23 PM            
    DDM Server now has 2 new tanks on it - you will need to download either file referenced in the second post to play there.

If you wish to submit a tank, please send it to neym@rpi.edu and I will include it in these zips. Also, the new tanks have NOT been play-balenced. Any comments are welcome.

IP:

Hawk
    posted January 30, 2000 05:07 PM            
    I'm unavailable on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. My school is doing the U.S.FIRST http://www.usfirst.org/whatis.html
    Robotics Competition, and we have meetings for the robot-building group every Tuesday and Wednesday night from 5-8PM...so those days are out for me

IP:

peeet
    posted January 30, 2000 05:40 PM         
    RC - a suggestion after testing your server:

need to reduce the length of time that the sheepmines and kangaroo mines last. they run all around the map and seem (to me) to get to be a nuisance...

i suggest next fri. nite for deathmatch. everyone OK with that?

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
    posted January 30, 2000 07:48 PM            
    Yeah, peeet, I have been working on tweaking them so they aren't quite as much a pain...and your idea is one I like - I'll cut it down to 1 minute from 2.

I also made it only a 50 on spawn chance, thus the combined spawn ration of Sheep+Kangaroo is 100, the average level. Since haveing each at 100 makes them too common....

Next friday I will try to be available and will have the server up...

IP:

Dreamer
    posted January 31, 2000 09:59 AM         
    nope, BWL won't be in. at all. for now. no one over here has a full version yet. (germany)
    well, so long and thanks for all the fish.

------------------
    Hail and kill.

IP:

Hawk
    posted February 01, 2000 10:44 AM            
    NEW DDM INFORMATION
    You can now sign up to play in the DDM directly from the front page of my website at http://jump.to/jumpgate , there is a form at the bottom of the page to input your nickname, and optionally how long you have been playing Tread Marks. Thanks,

Hawk
    Clan Temporal Chaos
    Site admin of http://jump.to/jumpgate

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited February 01, 2000).]

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
    posted February 02, 2000 04:44 PM            
    DDM to be held on Friday. Server will be called DDM something. It will NOT have any special tanks. It will have some special weapons, but well within sanity.

------------------
    Random Chaos
    Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
    Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
    randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Hawk
    posted February 03, 2000 04:06 PM            
    i can't make it friday...US First meeting

IP:

peeet
    posted February 03, 2000 05:16 PM         
    uh oh! - i hate to do this so late, but some stuff came up & i prolly wont be able to play fri. nite either!
    re-schedule? or let her rip & plan another?

IP:

Hawk
    posted February 03, 2000 08:23 PM            
    One thing about this DDM is that I think that really we should wait until later this month when more people have time to get TM...Random Chaos brought it up when I was talking to him earlier, and I think it's a good idea..And I hate to miss it...

IP:

peeet
    posted February 03, 2000 10:02 PM         
    sounds like a good idea to me, too. i just threw out suggestion of this fri. 'cause no-one seemed to be proposing any times!

and, i would like more to join in - esp. GP (although i'm sure that they'd blow my turret off )

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
    posted February 04, 2000 08:59 PM            
    NO DDM TONIGHT! My network is acting like a yo-yo and has been for the last week (thus the lack of the test server being up) and just did it again when only one other person was on. Ack...we try again in a few weeks. Hopefully then BWL and more of TC will have the game.

------------------
    Random Chaos
    Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
    Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
    randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Hawk
    posted February 05, 2000 09:56 AM            
    works for me...more time to practice my aim

IP:

Jason
    posted February 08, 2000 02:09 AM            
    man i feel left out of all this i haven't played a single multiplayer game with treadmarks so far... whatever i've had fun jacking around with the entity files. by the way are your new tanks usable with the demo version? i don't happen to have a credit card or checkbook on me so i can't really buy the game, even though i make about $100 a week teaching violin (not to mention chinese new year!). to hawk: your school is doing FIRST? cool mine is too. G-FORCE is our robot. unfortunately i don't know the slightest bit about robots, so i'm on the animation team by necessity. my brother is the leader of the team, which is pretty cool. i'm the only freshman allowed...

IP:

Blacktooth
    posted February 08, 2000 10:40 PM         
    OK, I'm in on this deathmatch thing. Anyone that wants me can claim me (careful my mom might not even do that). If nobody does, then peeet and I shall scourge the land with your bloo... err... oil! (you still an independent peeet?) Do I need to sign anywhere or just show up on the big night? I'm available pretty much anytime after 6PM EST any day (yes, it's rather nice too). This game needs a good online shot in the arm. Where the hell has everyone been? These AIs are getting way too easy! (and yes I enjoy using !'s, so :-P)

IP:

peeet
    posted February 09, 2000 11:20 AM         
    sounds good, Blacktooth!
    looking forward to some serious carnage... (of ME, prolly! )

anyone heard from GP lately?

IP:

Dudymas
    posted March 04, 2000 01:29 AM            
    Hey, the skins zip is currently being relocated so don't expect to be able to download it.

IP:

peeet
    posted March 08, 2000 12:01 PM         
    ok - i know i will be playing from sat. afternoon (3-11-00) until i pass out...

i don't know if it's too late to get the DDM going, but i'm looking forward to playing any of you that can play that nite - anybody game?

[This message has been edited by peeet (edited March 08, 2000).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2