|
Author Topic:   About controls - suggestion:
Random Chaos (TC)
posted January 25, 2000 11:38 AM            
I've been playing TM now for over 3 months, and I have to aggree that the turret control is not easy. Here's what I would like to see:

Toggle key for Mouse Turret Move (so that when I have Mouse Look on, the turret doesn't keep spinning...)

Customizable mouse axis function.

Keyboard input to contol the veiw point similar to the Mouse Look control.

Zoom ability - I often need a higher veiw when down in a pit to see my tank at all...

Veiw Clipping Toggle - so that when you are down in a pit, you can clip though the pit wall and veiw a untexured mesh wall and your tank beyond.

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
neym@rpi.edu

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited January 25, 2000).]

IP:

peeet
posted January 25, 2000 12:25 PM         
i don't like to have to move the mouse around - it's too jumpy for me!

my suggestions:

(pre-set views by hot-key)
i do have a few views from which i would like to see at various times, tho...(rear view, wider field of view, etc.) so i would like to see the implementation of a few dedicated hotkeys (maybe 3) so that one could quickly go to different views and then back. also, i would like them to be able to be set by the user according to his/her own preferences.

(field of view)
it would be nice to be able to control the field of view - i guess basically, to be able to zoom in and out.

(viewpoint)
be able to move the viewpoint about so that if you are in a hole, the viewpoint could be raised above the tank.

i realize that all these view options might be a little cumbersome and complicated to control during combat, but to be able to pre-set views you like and could use to some keystrokes would be fantastic.

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 25, 2000 12:29 PM            
I agree with RC's suggestions... especially at least one of the hole solutions... it sucks when you can't see yourself...

IP:

Hawk
posted January 25, 2000 02:22 PM            
Option for letting you use the hat on your joystick to look around?

IP:

NightQwerty
posted January 25, 2000 03:56 PM            
How about a button that would make you randomly fly up into the air, out of control, landing upside down? Think of the advantages when you're in a hole, or absolutely want to avoid a ramdriller. You might even be able to dodge a cruise missile(!)

------------------
NightQwerty

IP:

Hawk
posted January 25, 2000 05:45 PM            
yeah...a hoverboost function to blow you out of holes...but make it move you AWAY from the place where you were when you hit (i.e. a Repulsor function, knocks you X number of feet up and backwards when you use it...that would rock

IP:

Blacktooth
posted January 26, 2000 12:35 AM         
Ugh I'm up way too late. If you turn on Mouse Look in Options when you are in game and toggle to "funky camera mode" you can adjust the camera on its vertical axis. If you move left-right the turret does as well.
Personally, I'm an avid FPSer so i have the default keyboard mouse setup ASDW for movement and mouse for turret/look. Left button = fire (duh), Right = toggle turret view, Mid mouse button = toggle funky/boring camera. I also setup Q and E to move turret if I get into a bind (aiming behind me or when severely damaged). I also leave mouse speed at 100% for latency slows it down anyways. (slows turret but camera goes keeps up the pace...hmmm) For single player (played it twice i think ;-) I turn it down to about 75%. I havent a prob with controls they work great IMHO. Try Return Fire 2 for control hell!!!

The mouselook i mentioned above works great for those tight spots when you are stuck and clipping thru planes. Although RC is correct that a toggle for it would be nice in-game (you did say that didnt you RC? BTW shouldnt you be making more killer animines? (you can use that term it aint copyrighted...yet)) Get ta work!!! ;-).

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted January 26, 2000 02:09 AM            
Actually Blacktooth, the mouse look will not give a completely vertical veiw - and this I have unseeable tanks sometimes...and yes - I use AWSD/QE key combo....

IP:

TNT
posted February 02, 2000 05:03 PM         
How about make a command that would center your gun turent?
I find myself not using turent because I cant get it back to center, easily.

Also, what about a rear view mirror? or a small window?

I like the idea of hat view.

Just got my full version last night! I am looking forward to years of frags!

IP: