|
Author Topic:   aiming suggestion
Joser
posted January 24, 2000 11:15 PM            
I have been playing treadmarks since beta 2.1 and I know how everyone feels about being able to aim the main gun up and down. but I thought it might work if the main gun had a small ammount of vertical autoaim, (about 5 or 10 degrees up and down) this might help to alleviate some of the difficulty of hitting an opponent at longer ranges. but then again it is just a suggestion.

Have fun

Joser

IP:

kenny
posted January 25, 2000 01:15 AM            
i had this idea also but i decided not to post it cause they were kinda adimite about not no vertical barrel movement......

i second that idea if you are considering oppinions....

IP:

hunter64
posted January 25, 2000 11:04 AM            
If your taking votes you got mine. Vertical would be nice.

IP:

Hawk
posted January 25, 2000 11:22 AM            
I suppose a few degrees of vertical auto-aim wouldn't suck too bad..as long as it's an option, not just simply there...but an actual control scheme to have to move the frikkin' turret would. Geez, how boring....let's all camp!

One idea to help aiming would be the addition of a crosshair so you can see where your shot is going...

Yours in insanity,
(TC)Blackhawk

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited January 25, 2000).]

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted January 25, 2000 11:44 AM            
If we have vert aiming at all (and frankly I don't care whether we do or don't...I doubt I will use it much) there can be NO auto aim assist...it would destroy my aiming...

Careful aiming is VERY important in this game due to the "weaker armor in rear" factor and anytime a computer messes with aiming, it destroys a carefully aimed shot...

Additionally, the main gun can be vastly altered (even given something like a nuke to launch), any vert auto-aim is subject to problems since it would be calibrated for LDA's main gun only.

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
neym@rpi.edu

IP:

ALPHA
posted January 25, 2000 01:18 PM            
Vertical aiming should have been a part of the game (then again, im a Heavy Gear driver and are accustomed to turret aiming )

I hear so many complaints about camping that are unfounded.
IF i was to "camp" on a hillside, and IF i was to take advantage of verticle aiming to hit you.
how long after my first shot (which with a 3rd person view aiming, would probably miss) would it take you to rush me and beat the snot outta my tank?
is it any different if I angeled my tank on an embankment to do the same job?

an option is just that, an option. you dont like it, turn it off :p

IP:

Hawk
posted January 25, 2000 02:09 PM            
Good point, Random...No auto aim...throws off your aim...and I probably wouldn't use the turret up/down anyway...cuz I'm an ingrained 'no turret movement' person...the only time I use the turret anyway is when I'm actually targeting someone next to me...and the one fun thing about up/down would be picking someone off in midair...anyway...

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited January 25, 2000).]

IP:

hunter64
posted January 25, 2000 05:55 PM            
On that note: how about some defensive weapons. Chaff, or cloaking or extra shields. Something so I can live longer.

IP:

Joser
posted January 26, 2000 08:54 PM            
Yeah, i do see your point Random Chaos i guess i really didn't think about the possibility of switching out the main gun. But one solution to throwing off someone's aim is to make it an option that can be turned off and on at the user's discresion.

Oh well

Joser

IP:

peeet
posted January 27, 2000 09:49 AM         
my $.02

autoaim for players is a lame idea. how easy should the game get? i personally like the limitations/advantages of each weapon and how you are forced to deal with your situation...

IP: