|
Author Topic:   how in the hell
wag
posted January 24, 2000 07:00 PM         
id like to know how the hell u are supposed to switch between weapons

IP:

kenny
posted January 24, 2000 07:09 PM            
you cant, the weapon you pick up is the one you are using. to get rid of the weapon to pickup another one you gata shoot all the ammo out of it. you cant switvh between main guns and bolt on either

this gives me an idea seumas, how about the ability to carry one of each bolton weapon? like say; plasma mines, a nuke, and a machine gun?

also a couple times i saw a nuke but i couldnt waste all of my ammo in time to pick up the nuke before the other player did. can we have a drop weapon key too?

seumas, sorry i have so manny ideas. ideas are what i think of all day long. i cant stop my brain from thinking of ideas either.

IP:

Hawk
posted January 24, 2000 07:34 PM            
That's a little much...But at least an option to switch from, say, the Ramdrill, to the Main Gun...AS IN...You're fighting someone with a Shadow Keeper, and you can't get close enough to use your ramdrill...it would be nice to be able to switch to your main turret cannon

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited January 24, 2000).]

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted January 24, 2000 08:02 PM            
It was a design decision.

We wanted the player coming over the hill with a loaded bolt on to break into a sweat if they spotted a "better" power up, with some one else in the distance heading toward it.

Decisions...decisions...decisions...

...it also tends to make camping less attractive...making it not so easy to stock-pile weapons...

...the cruise missile is the ultimate random strike weapon....again making it harder for those wanting to camp or hoard weapons to feel "safe"...

...other games were criticized for allowing campers to prosper....we wanted camping to be a risky business

IP:

NightQwerty
posted January 24, 2000 08:07 PM            
... and I say you did a damn good job of it, too!

------------------
NightQwerty

IP:

kenny
posted January 24, 2000 08:10 PM            
in my mod i have made quite a few more random strike weapons and it alevietates camping. for instance when you pick up the cruise missle you get 20 ammo. you might think that that would be horribly aweful but consider you got my mega nuke and mini nuke 10 pack and air strike with allot of ammo(600 bombs in 30 seconds) and a nuke strike(dont take this idea) and a 5 seconds reload time on the crusise missle. i must say that i need to turn down the airstrike and the cruise missle and make the nuke pake a 6 pack instead to amek it more balenced but lemme say that even with all those weapons you cant camp because your always getting bombed by air strikes and cruse missles and such.

just my 2 cents

IP: