|
Author Topic:   Need some immediate help!!!
mumbojumbo
posted January 22, 2000 10:32 AM         
I just D/L latest drivers for my Erazor II vid card, based on Nvidia ref. drivers #369. Now, when I am in the menu to change maps, the game freezes. All settings for OpenGL are at default level. I can change tanks, but not maps. Is there something in the new drivers that's causing the freeze? I also find I cannot use the 'pretty' setting under the Gfx setup any longer. Now I must use the normal setting. This wasn't a problem before.
I've run scandisk several times and re-booted each time. Am I missing something or are these new drivers bugging out my machine?
HELP! I can't play now.....

IP:

mumbojumbo
posted January 22, 2000 12:29 PM         
Tweaked some settings and managed to get the game to run, but it freezes up during play. I can't even make it through 2 laps of any map. I have the screen rez ay 800x600, 16 bit. It runs for a while then just locks up the machine, forcing a re-boot.

[This message has been edited by mumbojumbo (edited January 22, 2000).]

IP:

CUTHROAT
posted January 22, 2000 08:45 PM            
i experienced the same probs that you are haveing with lock up during game play.but i have a voodoo card.the lock ups were caused by a heat problem so i added some more fans to system and pointed them directly at the card and i havnt had any lock ups yet.heat heat heat.if you can get the game to play and then it locks up then it is most likely a heat issuie.if it was a driver conflict then you would have never got into the game so it sounds like heat heat heat

IP:

peeet
posted January 23, 2000 02:32 PM         
was aving the same probs. with my Leadtech TNT2 card (see "WAAAAAAAH!" post). i THINK that i've solved my problem - i had to disable the video BIOS shadow, video RAM cache and video BIOS cache, and also reduce the AGP aperature size to 16 MB (i still need to play around with this one to see how high i can go).

i have a PII-333, 64MB RAM, Intel 440LX chipset motherboard, and am using nVIDIA's latest TNT2 drivers (v3.68)

no probs. since i reset my BIOS, but i have only played a few times since...

good luck!

IP: