|
Author Topic:   MEGANUKE!(and a lousy skin job)
kenny
posted January 21, 2000 07:56 PM            
i learned so much when i made this weapon. the first thing i learned is that TM engine uses flat shading on the models(unless someone points me in a direction otherwise). this makes my missle look kinda funny. this is a self extracting exe file...ignore the trial version crap it explains to you when you click on it.

this is a seporate weapon(it doesnt over write ANY files at all). this nuke was built for the demo cause none has explained to me how to use the addons folder yet. it goes boom BIG with allot of cool neato special effects.

it has a couple new schockwave .lwo models and some groovy skins. any mod devleopers out there can use them at will. if you feel so inclined to credit me with then thats cool too :-)

550K(about 1 min download)
meganuke.zip

this is the updated url that works

ok off to 3dsmax to make a new arm model and animate the colt 1911 and i will finish up my tank and release that as well....cya

oh, seumas if you dont approve of me making posts like this PLEASE let me know.

[This message has been edited by kenny (edited January 23, 2000).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 22, 2000 04:06 PM            
Umm, it doesn't work... It's only 88k and it won't run...

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted January 23, 2000 04:46 PM           
Posts about mods are fine. We'll be happy to put the best mods up for download from the treadmarks.com mod page too, so please do announce your mods here.

I would suggest using .ZIP files though, as they are simpler to deal with and totally avoid the risk of viruses, since there are no executable files sent with a mod anyway.

The content folders in the AddOns folder are mirrors of the main content folders, and are scanned first. If you want to override e.g. Art\Textures\foo.bmp, create the folder AddOns\Art\Textures and then create a new foo.bmp in there, and it will be read by the game instead of the original. If you put all your modified or added files in the AddOns folder, you can zip up your mod very easily, and when someone unzips it to their AddOns folder it will put all the files in the right places.

Since there is only one AddOns folder, a great way to keep different mods separate would be for someone to write a Mod Manager utility which would use renaming or copying to swap around the current AddOns folder for other, "archived" AddOns folders with different mods in each.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

kenny
posted January 23, 2000 07:17 PM            
ok my webspace was being very gay and not letting me upload entire files. i moved over to fortunecity for now. the 1 mb file limeit can be cumbrsum when i have a full mod to release but i think RC can help me out with that i think he said.

and this is no longer a .exe file it is a zip.

if you have the fullversion upzip this into treadmarks\addons and if you are running a demo you should unzip this into your treadmarks dir

meganuke.zip

whew it actualy works.....lets hope that fortunecity dont think that this is warez and convienly delete it for me. if the file becomes unavailable send me a email about it. thanks to the people that sent me an email about this messed up file...

[This message has been edited by kenny (edited January 23, 2000).]

IP:

Hawk
posted January 23, 2000 09:46 PM            
Uh, kenny? I just checked...the limit on FortuneCity files is 10MB....I know, that's where my TM site jump.to/jumpgate is centered out of there.

in Advanced Homebuilder:

quote:
Please note that there is a 10MB maximum file size limit on our servers. Files bigger than this will NOT be uploaded.

That's a heck of a lot bigger than 1mb..unfortunately, this restricts your website to two 10 meg files...but it lets you upload bigger than simple 1mb files...

IP:

kenny
posted January 23, 2000 11:40 PM            
hmmmm you seem to be right, however on this page it says different

http://www.fortunecity.com/help/uploading/index.html

i am really confused now

IP: