|
Author Topic:   This SUCKS, you fools!
Dreamer
posted January 21, 2000 04:55 PM         
Hey, could everyone just _stop_ posting a new topic the very moment he wants to spill out his 2p-gutters in this BBS?
I counted 9 new topics today and even more yesterday...
LDA, do sth. or this BBS will end up to be the worst imaginable mess.
Just a cry for help by a member with a sense for sensibility.

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

kenny
posted January 21, 2000 05:59 PM            
i adminsterd the firearms message board for a while and we deleted every message that got posted that was a "*itching"(thats what we called it) and it kept the "*itching" to to low as opposed to when we didnt delete....

seumas, i would be more the happy to help you with adminstering this board if you need me. i have quite a bit experiance cleaning up spam and other "*hit" that they posted.

i "*" out the terminology we used for that board cause this message board "has higher standards" as seumas put it in a post a while ago.

IP:

Hawk
posted January 21, 2000 08:33 PM            
Ok, Idea: Make several separate posts for

1) Mods (Skins, weapons, etc.)
2) Questions (general)
3) Questions (technical)
4) Complaints

and then let the people ignore it

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted January 22, 2000 02:42 AM            
Well...my understanding is that some of that may be done...at least with the adding of the first one...

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 24, 2000 07:12 AM         
Well, my post appears to be of interest for those who are to be considered sensible anyway... as for the others - no comment. Kenny seems to be a remarkable exception.

Well, 3 out of _a lot_ is a _good_ quota.
I quit this board.

Btw, RC, I think that BWL might change course from no-fighting to TM press of sorts. Might be interesting.
Appears we might relabel ourselves into TMPA.

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

Hawk
posted January 25, 2000 07:10 PM            
Dreamer's right! There have been 5 pages full of posts in just the last 30 days...

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 21, 2001 01:49 PM            
we're averaging 6 pages per 30 days now

I remember the mess when there was modder junk and clan junk all meshed in with general junk. If we are now getting 6 pages full with 30 days now in the general forum imagine how it would be like if the forums weren't seperated. On a side note though, when there isn't many new post in the forum I loose interest and the community too it seems. So keep the post flying, but beware of LDA bandwidth.

edit: sorry for resurrecting the dead post, but I wanted to see if I could at least be in the top 10 as the longest active TM player and ran across this.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

[This message has been edited by coax (edited September 21, 2001).]

IP:

ni
posted September 21, 2001 02:09 PM            
nt...

[This message has been edited by ni (edited September 21, 2001).]

IP:

The Weatherman
posted September 21, 2001 04:05 PM         
Whoa, I thought D went postal and a bunch of old timers came out out retirement simultaneously. I really have to note the dates more often

In an effort to decrease the maddive amts of new posts, Happy Belated B-day Rex!

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 21, 2001 08:21 PM            
heh you think you have it bad lol.... dnx private forum gets on average 30 new threads a week

it used to be 20 a day till i kerbed it :P hehehehe

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 21, 2001 10:46 PM            
I'd rather have a forum full of worthless threads than none at all.If we waited until there is something important to say then we'd average a new post a week Lately there has been a lot of mod stuff in the general forums but it dosen't really bother me.Whats the problem with have a few new theads a day?I don't think it's too much to read.

IP:

Irascible
posted September 22, 2001 03:37 AM            
DARN IT!!!!!!

I was just going to start a thread asking which hand lotion moisturizes the best without leaving an oily residue when SOMEONE had to get all preachy on me!!! You bad boy you. Just stop. Oh well, I'll be getting back to my nails now.

Edit: Wait... disregard the winking smiley face... don't want anyone taking me too serious... lest I REALLY become a target...

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 22, 2001).]

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 22, 2001 04:11 AM            
What crawled up these peoples' you know what?How about active players only have a say in the matter I don't give a crap if you bought the first copy of the game....That would rule out about the first 5 posts.Was this thread really necessary?This forum is made up of people that play TM.It's not like people who don't play are coming in here a posting a grocery list to remind them.Every topic that I see is important and/or inspiring to others.You police this board and you are going to hurt the game.I like to exercise my freedom of speech.Maybe if everyone was fired up about the game like they are about this forum,then I wouldn't have a problem finding people on the servers.Does this board need to be moderated...no.I think we keep each other in check and say when something shouldn't be posted here,such as Underground type stuff.I'd hate to think that I'd post something and find it taken down each day.This is the "general forum" and I think "general" is pretty vague.Anything that is remotely about TM is on topic.Either come and praticipate in this forum and play the game....or leave.I've never been pissed of at a post more in my life!

coax!!!!!!You mean to tell me this is current!Man,as you can tell is really pissed me off I was about to have a beta tester bar-b-que

[This message has been edited by SuperUnknown (edited September 22, 2001).]

IP:

Irascible
posted September 22, 2001 04:38 AM            
BTW Supe,

I really need to read more closely and not skim. I thought this was a new post. I was responding to Dreamer's REALLY old post by mildly trivializing his point of view with a little sarcasm. Just so we're clear: I don't mind off topic stuff. Your going ballistic right after my reply made me wonder if I was misunderstood.

[This message has been edited by Irascible (edited September 22, 2001).]

IP:

=DNX= Matrix
posted September 22, 2001 09:10 AM            
Not sure i like being called a fool either just cos i post here...... not long back all we saw was "what happened to the forum - its dead" posts... and now theres some action some bugger starts whining just cos they cant keep up !....

Gimmie a clue - damned if u do, damned if ya dont !!!

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 22, 2001 01:30 PM            
Super: I was laughing my a$$ off when I saw your reply. I've never seen you more upset in my life, it was hysterical.

THIS IS NOT A CURRENT THREAD!!! I found it when we were discussing the oldest active TM members in this thread /forums/archive/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001400.html . I wanted to see if I could be in the top 10 as oldest active members, but I doubt it now I saw a lot of still active members posting back then. Anyways during my investigation into seeing if i was an oldie, I came across this thread. It caught my eye as much it seemed to catch everyone elses eye too.

It is interesting to note how philosophies have changed though; for better or for worse.

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 22, 2001 02:59 PM            
Hehe...thank goodness I've cooled off since last night.I was going to get a little more slanderous,then I finally read your entire post coax

IP:

GoldAnt_Number1
posted September 22, 2001 06:03 PM            
yes, people r posting a bit much..... I bearly vist the UBB anymore.... to many threads to read and Microsoft (THE EVIL COMPANY) attempted, not succeded but attempted to put an add banner on my IE version.......... and now internet windows take forever to load, any other...forgot the name.... but r ther eanother other windows for browsing internet on that have most of the plug-ins...etc?

IP:

coax
Administrator
posted September 22, 2001 06:25 PM            
netscape should have all the plugins internet explorer does.

------------------
LDA Players, Information, and etc...

IP:

SuperUnknown
Administrator
posted September 22, 2001 11:06 PM            
No crap.don't put up with IE.Get Netscape or Opera.Much more user friendly.IE is like AOL,it's good if you are just starting out,but after you master the Net things get really annoying

IP: