|
Author Topic:   SMOKEN!!!!!
CUTHROAT
posted January 18, 2000 10:00 PM            
after getting the full version lined out the game smokes.i took my voodoo3-2000's default 143 mhz clock to 183mhz(with the propper cooling) and bumped my p3-450 to 550mhz(with the propper cooling)and now the game really pumps out the graphics!!!LDA made a kick butt game.now all i am lagging at is my ISP,it sucks.cant ping in the game at all at times but cable modem comming soon.now also it would be nice of LDA to release a patch that will let people with the full version play head to head with direct modem play or network connection ,or evin head to head ip address connection.

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted January 18, 2000 10:39 PM            
Just type in the persons IP and you can play head-to-head now.

IP:

CUTHROAT
posted January 18, 2000 11:21 PM            
thanks i didnt catch that in the multiplayer options

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 18, 2000 11:54 PM            
Actually, you don't need to do it Multiplayer...

The normal game acts as a Lan server. All that is different is that it doesn't broadcast to a master server. Technically, you can play a 1 on 1 if you know the IP and port number of the game - and give it to the other person - without even spawning a Dedicated server.

Under multiplayer, you can also type the IPs directly in rather than using the server list above (in fact,if LDA were to release the Master Server code, someone could run a seperate master server for a clan that others don't have access too...).

------------------
Random Chaos
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
neym@rpi.edu

IP:

CUTHROAT
posted January 19, 2000 07:20 AM            
thanks RC,the clan thing is good idea.

IP:

peeet
posted January 19, 2000 11:54 AM         
ok - i know this is maybe a lame question - but can anyone tell me how can you see your own IP address? i have a few friends i'm trying to get into the game, and i'd like to get them one-on-one for some "training" sessions... (not like i'm any sort of master, tho, as RC can attest to! ) but i can at least show them what i know so far...

IP:

RandomChaos(TC)
unregistered
posted January 19, 2000 11:56 AM           
Go to the Start Menu/Run and run "WinIPCFG"

------------------
Random Chaos
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

If I use this account, its because my other ones are screwed up and UBB has somehow messed up both their passwords and its list of e-mails <-> password retrieval system. Argh!

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted January 19, 2000 12:14 PM            
Back as normal now!

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 19, 2000 08:00 PM            
actually, don't bother with all the caps... just type winipcfg... make sure that you select "PPP adapter" if your on a lan that you DON'T use to acces the net...

IP: