|
Author Topic:   tank flag behavior
Moriarty
posted January 18, 2000 11:22 AM            
Well, I just noticed that the tank flags always point away from the barrel. well... shouldn't they be pointing away from the direction of travel?
I can't say that it really is a problem; I seem to remember noticing it about two months ago. If I forgot about it in the meantime it really can't be that bad. If there's some good reason for the flag's orientation to remain fixed to the turret, I'll accept that.

------------------
Yes, I'm on AOL - not everything that comes from a bad place is necessarily evil.

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted January 18, 2000 08:31 PM           
The flag orientations are fixed to allow for easier identification. Also since the Insignia flags and Team flags need to point in different directions to both be visible at once, it wouldn't really work to make one or both of them rotate with the direction of travel. And if they both rotated the same amount to stay separated, it would still look a little artificial.

Scratch all that, actually, the real reason the flags don't turn is that they're wired up. That's also why they always fly at full mast.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

NightQwerty
posted January 18, 2000 09:18 PM            
Heh, I love the flags. It's a good indicator of how bumpy the terrain is(i.e. if it moves around a lot, you have some problems)

------------------
NightQwerty

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 19, 2000 12:18 AM            
Hmm, on the Hell server I don't think it stops moving arround

IP:

Moriarty
posted January 19, 2000 01:51 PM            
Ok, I'll accept that. The team/personal flag reason, that is. I don't care whether it's wired up or starched, as long as there is a decent reason for it to be.
Maybe you should think about adding insignia to the tank hull too? At least maybe one square region on each side? Ok, it doesn't work for the liquid tanks. darn.
BTW, that Hell server really must be cool. Somehow every second post contains someone talking about it... I gotta log onto it someday.
c u
Moriarty

------------------
Yes, I'm on AOL - not everything that comes from a bad place is necessarily evil.

IP: