|
Author Topic:   Problem with G400
santos
posted January 16, 2000 10:02 AM            
I'm running a G400 Max DualHead AGP on Win98.
When I try to start TM, I get the following message:

Critical Failure:
Could not initialize acceptable OpenGL rendering context.

I believe that that I have both the latest Matrox drivers and glSetup drivers installed. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

IP:

Storm
posted January 16, 2000 05:34 PM            
I have a G400 as well, The driver I am using is ver 4.11.01.1410. The only problem I have is all the trees and shrubs are pink.
Othewise there have been no problems. I have had problems with other games with earlier versions so I think that might be the problem.

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 17, 2000 02:59 PM            
Driver bug... G400 OpenGL drivers bite get the newest ones...

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted January 17, 2000 03:38 PM           
Make sure your desktop screen resolution is at least 16-bits before running the game (i.e. 16-color and 256-color are bad).

I'm not sure how the Dual-Head G400 works, but I believe that more conventional multi-monitor set-ups don't yet support hardware accelerated OpenGL under Windows. You could try temporarily disabling the second monitor to see if that lets things work. One good test would be the Quake 3 Arena demo; if it works, then Tread Marks should work.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Sehnsucht_at_Work
posted January 17, 2000 06:25 PM            
Trees etc are pink on the G200 under NT too

The G200 here at work is like that, really weird. almost like the trees' color is inverted or something.. is pinkish the opposite of greenish?

anyways..

IP:

Forgie716
posted January 18, 2000 02:06 PM            
So the trees arent suppose to look fruity? I just figured the makers were trippin on acid

Ive got a G400 also.. btw.. but getting a geforce *drool*

IP: