|
Author Topic:   Organized competition?
LoudBob
posted January 14, 2000 05:02 PM            
As a member of a clan who play almost all first person shooters I'm not too familar with any other type of online gaming community but I'm curious about TM. My friends and I, The Green Panthers, want to start playing TM since we're really interested in how customizable it is and expect to see some great mods extending the life and playabilty of TM. So, what's up? Someone clue me in on the clans, players, and servers. GP has already got one dedicated TM server running out of LA on a t3 but we'll have another from SanDiego up soon on an OC48. We're also planning on buying this game! Wow! hehehe

curious,
Loud-Bob
loud-bob@greenpanthers.com
Member, The Green Panthers

p.s. for more information on GP checkout www.greenpanthers.com

IP:

kenny
posted January 14, 2000 05:06 PM            
can i borrow your t3? i am tired of this cable modem....no wait i need oc48 :-) what is that like 155Mbps or something

IP:

peeet
posted January 14, 2000 05:33 PM         
LoudBob - check out Random Chaos' site:
http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com/

you will find some info. on clans. to my knowledge, there are two active(?) clans - Temporal Chaos (TC) and Black Widow Lance (BWL)

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 15, 2000 11:41 AM            
Actually, check out a sub-page of my site:
http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com/clans.shtml

This is where all my Clan info is - on the 2 clans currently formed in TM. (well, that is unless you count LDA as a clan)

Oh, and speeking of clans and organized competition, what ever happened to that Deadliest Deathmatch we were trying to do? Come on people! We wanted to celebrate the TM demo by killing each other in a TC vs LDA vs BWL match!

------------------
Random Chaos
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 15, 2000 11:45 AM            
Oh, and GP: How long have you been arround? I haven't played TFC much in the last 6 months but I might have seen you if you were on before. I went by the names RandomChaos(Kato) initially (mostly before TFC was released) and RandomChaos(HGC) later after TFC was released. Now with that clan disappeared, I have pulled the name of my TM clan over to HL and just drop in as RandomChaos(TC) now - mostly on Kali Hunted if anywhere - as a sniper...

------------------
Random Chaos
Randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

peeet
posted January 15, 2000 11:01 PM         
i would still like to get an organized game going! seems that last time we tried, the demo was too new & there wasn't enough notice when decide on a time...

let's keep planning, though! i hope to get this graphics card thing resolved soon, but i probably won't be playing multiplayer until i can do it right in hardware mode.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 16, 2000 12:33 PM            
Well, maybe we can do a Full version match for those that have it. I'll have it within a week, so it will be interesting to see.

LDA - up for it sometime in the next week?

IP:

LoudBob
posted January 16, 2000 01:22 PM            
To answer RC's question, GP has been around for a little over three years now. We started out as a Quake DM/CTF clan and now play a whole bunch of games. One of our members stumbled onto TreadMarks via avault.com and here we are playing.

What TreadMarks need's is a tournament or league that organizes matches and ranks clans. I think a lot more people would organize clans if there was a league.

I've made a GP flag. you can download it at http://www.greenpanthers.com/loud-bob/gp_tm_flag100.zip that way you'll be able to see our flags when we play w/them.

and lastly, we've got a Treadmarks demo server up at 209.151.232.99:12300 it's called "[GP]SomeLosers West Coast warfare" and is running from LA, Cali. It is dedicated but not running any mods at the moment. It's on a T1.

See you in battle!

------------------

IP:

LoudBob
posted January 16, 2000 01:33 PM            
I'll talk to FishGills about organizing a little 4 on 4 or 3 on 3 tourny for the moment. Maybe we can do that.

------------------
George 'Loud-Bob[GP]' Murray

[This message has been edited by LoudBob (edited January 16, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by LoudBob (edited January 16, 2000).]

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 16, 2000 05:18 PM            
Well, I'll look forward to that little battle - but since I am not recieving TM from Digital River, rather from LDA, shipping will take longer. I should have it by the end of the week - hopefully!

I'll be running the Chaos server then.

The only problem with a definate time is I can never guarentee a definate time. The only times I can play is when my roommate's comp is free. A 266MHz Laptop with no 3d Accel just doesn't make it playing the game! And I often don't know his schedule in advance. The only times I can guarentee are from 7-9pm M/W - and I have 8am clas Tues Thurs so they aren't great times either. Otherwise, I am generally on in the evening.

I will not be free though until after next weekend.

And speaking of clan banners - Anthrage was going to do one for us - but he never did - I guess I will have to before the tourny! I will make both a team and non-team banner for us.

------------------
Random Chaos
neym@rpi.edu

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 16, 2000 09:17 PM            
After playing with two of the people from GP, I can honestly say that they are some of the best TM players arround! And they have only been at it for a week!

IP:

FishGills[GP]
posted January 17, 2000 02:32 PM            
Hey everyone. Just woke up. *yawn* Anyway, as it stands there are 5 people in GP that play TM (more everyday though). I'll start organizing our little group and see what happens. Gimme a day or two and then we can have a tourney thing. woooohooo!

One other thing, don't know if LDA will read this but hurry up with a linux server version or something. GP has 14 (yes, 14) linux servers for games all at Verio.net's HQ. We could seriously host some mad servers if we had a linux version.

Oh... and one more cheap plug (maybe a brag), GP has people that work for Gamers Extreme (www.gamers.com) so we can get some good PR for this game.

-FishGills

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 17, 2000 02:40 PM            
Hehe... I've been gone for 5 days and the whole world has changed LOL!!!!

IP:

LoudBob
posted January 17, 2000 03:11 PM            
I just bought my full version of TreadMarks. Although I don't usually endorse most software titles with my money I think LDA deserves it. I am not, however, going to put down the fact that the free distribution of TreadMarks without the ties of money involved will probably be one of many catalysts projecting this title into the mainstream. At any rate... heh I'll get off my soap box and back into the battle with fish..

Good gaming,

------------------
George 'Loud-Bob[GP]' Murray

IP:

Hawk
posted January 17, 2000 09:22 PM            
Yeah, you GPers are good! A clan battle would be cool!

Blackhawk of Temporal Chaos

IP: