|
Author Topic:   If you think the Physics are bouncy, try this!
LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted January 14, 2000 03:56 PM           
Since a number of people seem to be complaining that the physics are too fast and bouncy, with gravity and friction that are too low, here is an easy way to try slightly higher gravity and friction in Tread Marks.

Just right-click on this link and choose to Download or Save Target As, and then copy the sabot.ent file into your Tread Marks Shareware directory, overwriting the existing \Entities\TankGod\sabot.ent file.

http://www.treadmarks.com/mods/sabot.ent

Or you can edit the file directly, and change the gravity and friction values to:

Gravity = 0, -12, 0
Friction = 10.0

You can get back to the default settings by switching which sets of gravity and friction settings have the "#" comment-characters in front of them, or by re-installing the demo over top of itself. (If you make a backup copy of your existing sabot.ent file, place it _outside_ your Tread Marks directory, such as on your Desktop!)

If you try this change out, please let me know what you think of it in both Race mode and Battle mode.

Thanks!

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

kenny
posted January 14, 2000 04:29 PM            
i have come to like those setting ALLOT better accept i like it better with the gravity up a little higher...you still fly quite a bit when ramping off hills

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 15, 2000 11:51 AM            
Oh, come on, have some fun! Make the Sabot Lines this:

Gravity = 0, -1, 5
Friction = 2.5

Or even better:

Gravity = 0, 30, 0
Friction = 7.5

Have fun

IP:

kenny