|
Author Topic:   HELP!!!
XEmit
posted January 11, 2000 11:43 PM            
Please can somebody help me out.The problem is that when i load up treadmarks everything goes fine untill the "loading entities"title comes on the screen and it just freezes.I do have a Voodoo3 2000 and i just loaded down new drivers nothing seems to work and i"m getting P..... off

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted January 12, 2000 12:44 PM           
Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers from www.3dfx.com ? We have heavily tested the game on a P-II 266 with a Voodoo3 2000 using the latest 3DFX drivers and haven't run into any problems. Make sure you're running the game with the top "Hardware 3D OpenGL" button and NOT the Voodoo OpenGL button.

Also, since the Voodoo 3 can render in a window, you could try switching to Windowed mode in the Options screen before starting the game. Also try using the "Fast" default configuration choice if you haven't tried it yet, in case you're running out of resources. As a last resort you could also try the Software rendering mode to make sure the game actually runs.

Please let us know what happens!

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 12, 2000 07:49 PM            
I am almost certain it's a driver bug because the new supposedly better S2K drivers do the EXACT same thing... try a different revision (ask hawk, he has the same card)

IP:

XEmit
posted January 12, 2000 10:17 PM            
I just want to let you know that i have the game up and running thanks to you. This is my the first time using the Forum. Your knowledge was greatly apppreciated.Again THANK YOU. XEmit..

IP: