|
Author Topic:   What is your favorite weapon?
Random Chaos
posted January 10, 2000 11:45 PM            
A: What is your favorite weapon from the Unaltered Tread Marks version to use?

B: What is your favorite weapon from Tread Marks in terms of graphics?

My favorites are:
A: Avenger (aka GAU)

B: Laser

Though I have to admit that the Nuke has some fun writing on it! Examples:

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 11, 2000 12:48 PM            
My fave gun to have is swarmers... I try to find an ammo box or two... each box=2 kills if done right

IMHO, the Wasps are the best weapons for looks...

IP:

NightQwerty
posted January 11, 2000 03:50 PM            
My favorite weapon is the mass driver, especially on Liquid Falcons

The coolest looking weapon is the Shadow Keeper.

The funniest looking weapon is the matter bomb.

The coolest looking actual bullet is the laser.

The nuke has the best explosion. (i can sit and watch it for hours)

------------------
NightQwerty

IP:

jasper
posted January 12, 2000 02:30 PM            
Nah The machine gun is SOOOO COOL

IP:

kenny
posted January 12, 2000 06:06 PM            
my fav gun has to be the airstrike with ammo set to 300 and reload time set to .05

hold down the fire button and watch your opponent roast :-)

IP:

Hawk
posted January 12, 2000 07:32 PM            
Yes. And MY preferred weapon would be the Bankick. The Bankick would ban/kick buttheads, like a certain player named Saxon, who is an established team-killer in levels with Team Damage turned on, and just blows you across the level in missions with it off. Bankick would be perfect for people like that.

Hawk in Pissed Off Mode of TC

IP:

BlodBath
posted January 12, 2000 09:35 PM            
If only, the admin functions could use a tad bit of work, of course, it might be better in the full or maybe a patch will address it

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 13, 2000 12:35 AM            
That part will be in a patch...LDA didn't have time to revamp the server interface before the product was finished.

As for ban...post and try to talk LDA into it...I get the impression Seumas really doesn't want to code a ban function...but Kick is fine.

------------------
Random Chaos
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted January 13, 2000 02:26 PM           
Kick is doable, and should be in an upgrade. Ban is trickier though, since a lot of people don't have fixed IP addresses, and of course you can't ban just by player name either.

What about a voting-kick, where any player can send a /kick soandso vote using the chat line, and the server will then tally how many kick votes there are for a player, and once it passes a server-defined percentage of the players, the offender gets the boot?

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 13, 2000 08:20 PM            
That would work too...as long as kick is also able to be done by the server too...

As for ban...you could always assign a line in the regestry where it saves an ID that is provided by the master is there is none there. Once given out, it won't be given out again. Then ban by that meathod (of course you would want to stick it in an unlikely spot so people don't go arround changing it on to mess people up on servers they were banned on.

Also, once kicked, prevent that IP until the level restarts. That way someone can't log right back on.

------------------
Random Chaos
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Randomc@3d-unlimited.com

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited January 13, 2000).]

IP:

Hawk
posted January 13, 2000 08:53 PM            
Voting kick was actually a joke idea I mentioned in one of the servers....but it actually sounds like a good idea, now that I think about it. It WOULD solve the problem of whether or not the servop is in the game at the time...

IP:

kenny
posted January 13, 2000 10:57 PM            
have any of you guys played counterstrike for halflife?

it has a vote kick and it work really well what it is that when you hti "`" the console button you type in "listplayers" and it lists the players:

1: real_man
2: some_TKer
3: demon
4: death_reaper

so in this game it would take 2 votes to kick the tker cause its min 1/3 of total players and you just type "vote 2" in the console. I personaly have "l" binded to the comand "listplayers" so i hit l then vote the guy out.

the only flaw is that gooseman didnt implement a temp ip ban feature so when you kick the guy he can just keep coming in back to that server.

thats my 2 cents....i am done now

IP: