|
Author Topic:   Idea
JBakels
posted January 10, 2000 02:29 PM            
Ever thought of adding capture the flag in? It would be fun! I also was wondering if it is possible to build custom tanks. I should be getting the full version in the mail soon. Can't wait. Thanks for the time.

IP:

Kaeto
posted January 10, 2000 03:23 PM            
I think LDA is planning to put in a Capture the Sheep mode... that'll do it

IP:

JBakels
posted January 10, 2000 03:33 PM            
Cool!

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted January 10, 2000 03:41 PM           
Yes, Capture the Sheep is planned for a future upgrade.

The full version does let you add new tanks. To make a new tank that has the same models as an existing tank but with a new paint job (skin) will only require a paint program. To build a totally new tank will require a 3D modeling program that can save .LWO files, such as Inspire3D or Imagine3D.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

JBakels
posted January 10, 2000 04:09 PM            
Thanks!

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 10, 2000 07:04 PM            
Well, Seumas left out 1 important note on the making of tanks. You need LDA's program UV Mapper to tell TM where to place the texture. LDA will have it for download once the full version ships, so go ahead and make the LWOs, and you can texture it later.

IP:

NightQwerty
posted January 10, 2000 09:27 PM            
If you want to change skins for the demo, all you need to do is look in the 'art' file in your treadmarks folder and change it. I made red lasers, a smiley face on the LRMs, and some other pretty cool things. The tank skins are in there too, as well as the backgrounds and the textures for the terrain(!)

------------------
NightQwerty

IP:

Random Chaos
posted January 10, 2000 11:31 PM            
No, you don't understand.

UV Maper makes LUVs for the LWO files. This tells TM where to place the textures on the weapons. Any weapon that comes with TM already has LUV files - this is for when you make your own...and LDA has not yet released the UV Mapper program to the public.

I'll include a screen shot bellow of what I am talking about if you make your own as an example from the Terrain Deformation mod I am working on:

(The above weapon designs and textures are copyright of either LDA, Michael Ney, or TauCeti Deichtman)

------------------
Random Chaos
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP: