|
Author Topic:   Banshee cont'd.
Dreamer
posted January 06, 2000 02:01 PM         
Doesn't work. at all. I know I should go out there and buy a tnt2, but, err, well, you know, it's too xpensive.
As for the banshee, it just gives a black screen (not full screen)and (partly behind that) a window titled sth like critical failure. While I am used to seeing thing such as that under my OS (tm'd by Billy G., of course), this one won't go away. no. never. can't even get to kill it via task manager. Yes, I use GlSetup frequently. Well, LDA, what do you say? Can you help your loyal acolyte?

PS: Where do sheep be???
PPS: Played it on my other deck. Coooool. But: Did you lower the traction just a weeeenie bit?

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted January 06, 2000 08:17 PM            
Have you downloaded the latest drivers from 3DFX? From what I have heard, TM does not run on the Voodoo just by updating the drivers via OpenGL since the MiniGL drivers are seperate.

IP:

Cell
posted January 06, 2000 08:29 PM         

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted January 06, 2000 10:29 PM           
We don't have a Banshee to test on here, but from user reports it does work, with the right drivers.

Random, the game does run on Voodoo 3s using the GLSetup drivers, but it runs very poorly compared to when using the latest drivers on 3DFX's web site. This should change as soon as a newer version than 110 of GLSetup is released.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Hawk
posted January 06, 2000 11:10 PM            
In my experiences with my Voodoo 3 2000, TreadMarks Test 2.1 didn't work AT ALL until I downloaded the drivers off of 3DFX's website. When I hit the 'Hardware Accel' button, it would black the screen, run the cute little '3DFX' logo, do the hissy noise that tells you that you've got a Aureal3D sound card, then display a portion of my desktop at 640x480, then kick me out of the game with a fatal error. Until I downloaded a fresh set of drivers, that always happened.

-------------
I'll get you next time, Gadget

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited January 06, 2000).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 07, 2000 03:35 AM         
Found some old Drivers right after I posted my msg. sorry: Works now.
Re to Hawk:
TMT2 seems to have some allergic reactions on the 3dfx splash screens, especially the Banshee's, but maybe the V3 has that prob, too. Things might run more smoothly if you disable that thingy in the future.

PS Cell, my Boards Brand? No, I won't tell you, some facts must be kept secret. Too embarrassing.

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

Cell
posted January 07, 2000 08:42 PM         

[This message has been edited by Cell (edited March 02, 2002).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted January 08, 2000 08:27 AM         
Well, Cell, I _run_ a K6-2/450 and a K6-2/333 and that's not nearly as embarrassing as my Banshee's brand: Biostar. Yuck. But it works now. Anyway, I miss those sheep.

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP: