This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2  |
Author Topic:   the deadliest Death Match
peeet
posted December 27, 1999 02:06 PM         
it just occurred to me that you guys at LDA must play this game online sometimes! (duh!)
what names do you play under... do you have aliases, or do you use "Player"?
and, since you've created the game, have you gotten any good at it?

in celebration of the final release, i would like to invite LDA and all those fortunate enough to be reading these forums to a TM deathmatch "party" of sorts... maybe split into teams: LDA vs TC vs The Rest of Us...

how about it, LDA? anyone else interested?

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 27, 1999 05:15 PM         
Speaking for the Black Widow Lance Clan:
Well, umm, maybe... No I don't think the (as of yet) two of us will be online at the same time _ever_.
Speaking for myself:
Well, of course I am interested, but peeet, I have fought LDA Seumas a couple of times and behold! He is not too bad and as far as I remember, Jim wasn't too bad, either, so maybe it should be LDA vs TC+BWL+Renegade Players to give us a chance.

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

peeet
posted December 27, 1999 05:23 PM         

sounds great to me! i kinda thought that team LDA could kick some butt!

really, though, i just want to show my/our support and appreciation for the game and celebrate its release!

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 27, 1999 05:30 PM            
Speaking for TC, I believe this would be better to do AFTER the holidays...

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted December 27, 1999 06:54 PM           
Once the Shareware Demo is out (which I'm working on right now) I'll be playing on-line a lot more. I usually play as Longbow.

The Shareware Demo will have the two Test maps plus a third map, and three different tanks including a Liquid Class tank.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Hawk
posted December 27, 1999 09:25 PM            
Sounds cool... I'm probably in, depending on when.

IP:

peeet
posted December 27, 1999 10:12 PM         
oh yeah, definitely after the holidays and the final ships. and to give me some time to get used to the newer weapons !

maybe RC can put up the server when he gets back to school

(no nuclear hell, tho, ok RC?)

we'll figure out a good time for everyone

IP:

Hawk
posted December 28, 1999 10:20 AM            
No Hell? What are you, nuts? Hell is good when it's a modified map!!! You don't LIKE 200 nuclear bombs hitting you at once? (Neither do I, but that's beside the point)...Hell is good! ...wait a second...

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted December 28, 1999 12:20 PM            

I'm up for it, but most of TC has been inactive recently. Give me the time and I will play. If it is while I am at home, I won't be able to serve, and I agree - the Nuclear Hell server was made for the following people: Peeet, Hawk, and Keato. They requested it, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to play there unless they like it!

As for the server - do you want spires or not? And if so, do you want swarmers as well? I will be making up a "Chaos" server to go with the new version that will incorperate the downloadable entities. Thus I will plan to have BOTH EMP Shockwave and Plasma Mines, BOTH Plasma Pulser and Ramdrill, BOTH Swarmers and Spire Makers.

As for teams - I think TC would do well alone. Maybe BWL should team up with LDA to help them out and the non-clan people have the option of being on a third team or joining either of the 2 clan teams.

I'm sure no one wants me, Keato, (and if hes available) Temporalisis, and Pyle on TC combined with Dreamer and non-clan players against LDA! LDA would be destroyed in such an unfair game! I would personally change teams to independent and show everyone how to play if its unfair! (I've done that before )

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (TC) (edited December 28, 1999).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 28, 1999 12:50 PM            
Yeah, I agree, RC... Meant to say that in my last post... TC can kick all the butt needed...

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 28, 1999 01:07 PM         
Re.
TC::RC :
Well, BWL is not only me, but Moriarty, too. Never forget him. He tends to be a real pest when you disturb his tank...
Plus, I think it would be quite cool to have a match after the holidays, for the demo should, taking in some new carnage tools, create some chaos among players...
Btw, I'm currently working on a BWL clan page, although I think I might start a new concept... Well, I need to think about it some more, but chances are BWL will be reduced to Moriarty or Moriarty remove from BWL, as he won't like my ideas...

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

peeet
posted December 28, 1999 01:53 PM         
well, RC - i personally like the spires (and swarmers, too), so i opt for all orig. weapons plus extras. so, let's plan on about a week after the demo is available, and maybe your server will be back up by then...

to all: post available times here - i'm open for almost any time if given ~2 day's notice...

IP:

peeet
posted December 28, 1999 03:35 PM         
i guess we'll see how many plan to join and assign teams beforehand...

and there's no reason that we can't change teams around during the game for a little variety, even go to a fragging free-for-all at least once!

IP:

Sehnsucht_at_Work
posted December 28, 1999 04:23 PM            
I'll just pick the team w/ the fewest people, prolly.. heheh

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 28, 1999 04:55 PM            
Erg! Mmm... IMHO, if you want to start a TM clan, do so! We NEED more clans! As long as we don't have 200 2 member clans...

IP:

Hawk
posted December 28, 1999 06:22 PM            
I like the Hell mod, but then I like mining and terraforming. Anyway...I can't wait until this happens, if it happens....sounds like fun!

!

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited December 29, 1999).]

IP:

Hawk
posted December 28, 1999 06:24 PM            
stupid UBB code }=(

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited December 29, 1999).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 29, 1999 09:05 AM            
It's not UBB code, it's the crack that you love so much that does that...

IP:

Hawk
posted December 29, 1999 11:30 AM            
That's all right, Kaeto. Just because you feel the need to foist the blame for YOUR crack addiction off on someone else...Listen. I'll be nice. This phone number is for one of my friends. You know what people call her? A PSYCHIATRIST. Get help. Fast. :-( hehe

------------------
I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted December 29, 1999 01:19 PM            
Well, I'll be back at school Saturday evening, Jan 8th (I think thats the date). As long as I have a computer to play on, I'm available. I also won't be available this Friday through Sunday. Just give me a 2 day notice and I'm fine!

As for the Hell server, is there some reason you DON'T want this?? :

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com
treadmarks@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

peeet
posted December 29, 1999 01:47 PM         
besides the fact that no one could stay ALIVE long enough to DO anything, it was a lot of fun...

i think i'd prefer slightly more "conventional" server for this game we plan, tho!

(i think my quote on the screenshot almost says it all!!!)

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 29, 1999 03:07 PM            
I, too, think that playing in Hell would be out of control... I would go with a non-modified server for the game...

Also, RC, what up with calling me Keato? My name is pronounced Kay-toe... Not Kee-toe

Another thing... I'm free most nights, but wednesday is the best (by far...) Friday night is out for me... I'm almost always gone...

[This message has been edited by Kaeto (edited December 29, 1999).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 29, 1999 03:09 PM            
Hey dreamer, what happened to Lightning?

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 30, 1999 08:29 AM         
Lightning???
Don't remember anyone using that nick...
Btw: A sole ramdrill match would be fun, too...
It's all a matter of honour.

------------------
Hail and kill.

IP:

Hawk
posted December 30, 1999 08:40 AM            
RAMDRILLS ? Ick. Unless we're playing
with RC's modified mining ramdrills,
that doesn't sound particularly fun.

BTW: These topics seem to die after they go to two pages...this is hopefully still active, and it's at two pages...click the '2' button!

[This message has been edited by Hawk (edited December 30, 1999).]

IP:

This topic is 2 pages long:   1  2