|
Author Topic:   open gl
Hellaroz
posted December 06, 1999 05:34 PM            
Is there any way to get tm to run any smoother without the hardware support?

------------------
The earth begins to shake.
Suddunly it cracks open and toxic
gas and lava erupts out of it with a
dark and evil shadow rideing it to the surface

Hellaroz

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 07, 1999 11:25 AM         
Buy a faster deck.
LOL.
Honestly, TM is designed to run with hardware support. Software mode is included just by courtesy of LDA.
But hell, what kind of a graphics adapter do you use? There are hardly any available anymore, I think, that don't (at least sort of) support any of GlSetup's drivers.
Prob might be an ATI, but then again, go buy a bloody Voodoo2 via Internet and there you are: hardware.

------------------
Remember to live your dreams.

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted December 08, 1999 05:54 AM            
For a great general purpose card at a low price, it's hard to beat a TNT 1.

You can probably find one for $20 or so... and they made a PCI version...which helps keep those old motherboards fresh

Lots of memory will also help Tread Marks run more smoothly.

[This message has been edited by LDA Jim (edited December 08, 1999).]

IP:

Dreamer
posted December 08, 1999 09:57 AM         
Well, tried TM on a AMD 5x86 133 with an ARK2000PV Graphics "accelerator" yesterday.
It. Was. Fun. Yuck.

------------------
Remember to live your dreams.

IP:

Kaeto
posted December 08, 1999 05:28 PM            
Hehe... The TNT is a much better buy than the V2... The TNT IS faster... Don't deny it, and who needs Glide anyways?

On another note, once I get my Viper II (Savage 2000), I'll let you LDA people know how the 500mhz Athlon, currently with just a PCI VGA(!!!) in it runs TM... This is gonna be fun!

(If yar wonderin why I aint been around TM that much... DON'T EVEN ASK!!! Let's just say that my old computer is SOOOO messed up... and the Athlon has no video card...(practically)

IP: