|
Author Topic:   AI vs Human idea
flybynight
posted November 08, 1999 06:59 PM            
A trend in recent online games I have played has been AI vs Human Teamplay. This is a heck of a lot of fun (and helps people co-operate instead of bicker, we are all on the same team). But, on some servers with only 1 bot, when 5 people start playing on the same team, it makes the gameplay a little ridiculous. We all just end up chatting tho', which is fun anyway. BSing is always cool, just grab a coffee and blah blah blah...

But, anyway...

Could you make an "add bot" command? Or perhaps, a more complicated solution, like the number of AI must equal the number of online players, so the AI bot numbers alter in game to match human online opponents as they leave/join the game? This would keep this cool new trend fresh. Either would help alot, since most server operators play alot too, so the command in game to add bots would work too.

My 2 cents. I mentioned this online chatting to someone, and they said it was a cool idea. So, if it sux, I'll blame him! lol!

Cya online.

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted November 15, 1999 02:13 AM           
Automatically adding bots to equal the number of players is a good idea. I'll put that on the ToDo list and see about implementing it.

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP:

Kaeto
posted November 15, 1999 10:07 AM            
PLEASE make this an option! It's a good idea, but not ALL server want a load of bots. Like, say, a team server with one bot per team.

IP:

Random Chaos (TC)
posted November 15, 1999 12:34 PM            
Maybe make it an increase ratio:

Start bots: number
Ratio of bots/players: number

Number of bots = StartBots + round(players*ratio)

This would make a interesting bot match option...great idea Fly!

------------------
Random Chaos
Site admin for http://treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
Member of Clan Temporal Chaos
randomc@3d-unlimited.com
treadmarks@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

flybynight
posted November 15, 1999 08:51 PM            
"Automatically adding bots to equal the number of players..."

Hmmm... 9 words to describe what I wrote in 3 paragraphs. 'Guess I won't be applying for any Technical Writing anytime soon.

Thanx Seumas.

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted November 16, 1999 01:21 AM            
Perhaps not Fly...but it does qualify you to write political speeches

IP:

flybynight
posted November 16, 1999 03:40 AM            
And game reviews.

IP: