|
Author Topic:   Texture Blending Method
Random Chaos
posted November 01, 1999 09:33 AM            
What are the blend methods supported within the Treadmarks Files?

I know that Add and Alpha are supported, is Multiply? Others?

Thanks,

------------------
Random Chaos
Clan Temporal Chaos
treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

Random Chaos
posted November 01, 1999 09:43 AM            
Second Question:

Is there any way of randomizing chained entities (I want about 50% to add dirt and 50% to remove dirt - but random which the entity does).

Basically, what I want the the "EntityChain1" command to be transfered to a "RandEntityNum1 = 2" to set there to be 2 rand entities with number 1 and then add "RandEntity1 = aaa/aaa, bbb/bbb" where the number of aaa/aaa sets is determined by the "RandEntityNum1 = n" command. Could you add this command set?

Thanks,
Random Chaos

IP:

Random Chaos
posted November 01, 1999 09:45 AM            
One request:

Could you include the laser smoke and laser ball textures in several colors? It would make costomizing the engine VERY easy to do with colored lasers (then someone will obviously make a laser server with all weapons being lasers, but of different colors... )

--Random Chaos

IP:

Random Chaos
posted November 01, 1999 04:08 PM            
One more question:

Is there any way to get a weapon not to detect the ground on entering, only leaving?

I'm trying to create a Mole and I can't get it to work (it was working at one time, then the entity got screwed up and I can't get it working again).

------------------
Random Chaos
Clan Temporal Chaos
treadmarks.3d-unlimited.com
randomc@3d-unlimited.com

IP:

LDA Seumas
unregistered
posted November 07, 1999 04:40 PM           
Alpha and Add are the only blend modes supported. However, EnvMode can be set to Global, which is totally sky reflective, Texture, which uses the assigned texture as a spherical environment map, or Blend, which blends between the normal texture and sky reflectivity using the fade value.

To chain a random entity, just set EntityChainMode to "random" or "cycle". Random will pick one entity type in the list randomly, cycle will cycle through the list.

We've got a red laser beam image now for the Mass Driver's aiming laser, so I guess it wouldn't be too hard to throw in a green and perhaps yellow laser as well. And yes, I expect we'll see servers where every weapon is configured with an aiming laser.

I'll keep detonation only on leaving the ground in mind...

------------------
-- Seumas McNally, Lead Programmer, Longbow Digital Arts

IP: