|
Author Topic:   Dedicated Server and Server Info Listings
mars
posted October 21, 1999 01:41 AM            
Welcome!
We can list all of our servers here and the info that cannot be fit presently on the little line in the game.
-MARS

------------------

When everything else has failed, send in the tanks!

IP:

mars
posted October 21, 1999 01:47 AM            
Hey,
Well here is my server:
400MHZ w/256MB on T3 running game basics
-Two Teams: Red and Blue
-2 Als on each team
-30 minute games or 20 frags for team(which ever comes first; most frags in time period wins)
-Max Players: 32
-Max FPS: 15
-Max Bandwidth per Player: 10000 bytes
And I believe that's basically all of it, the rest can be found when you play on it! Oh, and if you guys want me to run it 24/7. I will only if you guys use it.
-MARS

P.S. Organizition is key to success!

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 21, 1999 01:48 AM            
Check out Anthrages site and give him a e-mail or post here to get your server listed on his site. He is planning on getting a full list of server up times when he has time to do it.

IP:

mars
posted October 21, 1999 07:20 AM            
Unfortunately, I don't know Anthrage's email address or webpage address so he is going to have to pick up the pieces fromm here.
-MARS

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 21, 1999 09:43 AM            
Anthrages web page is www.anthrage.com/treadmarks.html (and its also on the Links page).

His e-mail is in the Profiles tab above any of his posts, but I'll stick it here:
treadmarks@anthrage.com.

(uh - I don't know if this is the one he posted in his profile, but it will reach him)

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited October 21, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited October 21, 1999).]

IP:

Kaeto
posted October 21, 1999 10:47 AM            
It's not good to set the FPS to 15. That will probably make people like me with slow connections 2x as laggy as 10 FPS

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 21, 1999 03:47 PM            
My server is left at 10fps but I increased the max transfer rate to handle people with really high bandwidth that want data faster.

IP:

Skywalker
posted October 21, 1999 09:57 PM            
Your ping times kinda seem like your server is on.... mars....

where are you located and... dare i say... are you really on a t3?

IP:

mars
posted October 22, 1999 01:21 AM            
Ok, Skywalker, it sounds like you are father from Earth and Mars altogether! - hehe
Actually, yes it's T3. However, it's setup as a LAN going out to the Internet so the 'big' bottleneck is my NIC(Lan Card)! Now, I only mention hardware and bandwidth specs for bug and player(choice) purposes. My competition lies in the battle field unlike like a good amount of people!
Anyway, considering that the server runs windowed and not as a service; if anyone dislikes my server or objects to having it 'hooked up' to the master, then I will gladly shut it down and permanently forget that their is a 'server' component part of the test. I really am not running a TM server 24/7 for me...am I? So, if noone or the majority does not even 'care' for my server then...poof, it's gone.
As for pings, I have seen people's pings on my server and on average the pings are < 275 except the LDA people which are around 1150!
As for the young Skywalker(the force be with you!), where are you located? - I am in Lowell, Massachusetts, USA.
-MARS

P.S. It would be nice Skywalker, if you kepted things organized and mention your server related stuff in this server related thread. Instead of making your own thread just to post a simple note that could be here.
P.P.S. Think of it this way: people who read the threads have an easier time reading them if there are less and they are organized. Or if people are trying to go somewhere specific, say help, they can go somewhere that might imply it, say 'All Bugs and Problems Found in Game'.

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 22, 1999 02:42 AM            
I have no problem with your server. 100 Ping. But I do occasionally have freez-ups.

Are you running a screen saver?
Are you running any other programs other the TM?

Both of these can cause the freeze-ups I mentioned (I know my server does it too - I don't close Netscape when I run my server and its set to auto download e-mail every 10 mins).

IP:

mars
posted October 22, 1999 12:22 PM            
No, actually, there is no screen savers or anything that might do that. However, when I play, it might happen.
-MARS

------------------

IP:

mars
posted October 22, 1999 12:37 PM            
Oh, and if anyone doesn't like the server settings, like team play for instance, please post and let me know because I will gladly change it. - at least for the majority of poeple who dislike/like.
-MARS

------------------

IP:

Skywalker
posted October 22, 1999 10:21 PM            
Heh... sorry if I'm not as organized as you. I wouldnt get yourself so involved... saying that this game is in the test stages. I kinda have other things to do, such as work... instead of organizing my stuff for Treadmarks. My server is up whenever... and it doesnt take up my life.
And btw... im in Los Angeles, California (dont get caught up in it... organization is great, when it comes to important things only)

------------------
Aiming to please... or kill. hehe

IP: