|
Author Topic:   All Bugs and Problems Found In Game
mars
posted October 21, 1999 01:38 AM            
Welcome!
We can post all our troubles and bugs found here. Maybe, before we all jam the busy people of LDA with emails, another one of us will be able to help with that problem.
-MARS

------------------

When everything else has failed, send in the tanks!

IP:

mars
posted October 21, 1999 01:54 AM            
No, bugs or problems that I've had! yea! - Except, no!, when I just start up the game, the screen, mouse, and things move really slow. Once I start the game, things go real fast? Is this a menu conspiracy? - hehe
-MARS

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 21, 1999 02:28 AM            
Try turning off menu fire.

IP:

sno
unregistered
posted October 21, 1999 04:08 AM           
yea, that menu fire makes the game run dirt slow

IP:

Dreamer
posted October 21, 1999 06:02 AM         
When I play multiplayer games and exit to the menu, then try to quit the game, the whole deck crashes (sometimes). Anyone experienced the same?

------------------
Remember to live your dreams.

IP:

mars
posted October 21, 1999 07:18 AM            
Oddly, whenever I leave the program after playing the game, things change on my desktop...specifically ICQ changes size!??? It's been doing this all the time but has become very agravating.
-MARS

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 21, 1999 09:56 AM            
It sounds like people are having screen resizing problems because the display resolution isn't getting reset fast enough.
    If you want to see a beta that is REALLY bad at this, try Age of Wonders by Epic! It FORGETS to reset the desk top 50% of the time, and the other 50% it resets the window size, but fails to tell windows that it can retake the 1/3 that was lost on the first Resize back for Icons! You lose half your icons on a GOOD day with it! On the really good day (<5% of the time) you get the normal res back only after widows has screwed arround with changing the location of all your icons to the smaller screen!

Also, LDA: Could you make the menu transparency when you press ESC be optional. It really slows you down when using software rendering.

[This message has been edited by Random Chaos (edited October 21, 1999).]

IP:

mars
posted October 22, 1999 01:04 AM            
Thanks Random! I guess things could get a whole lot worse then! - LOL
-MARS

------------------

IP:

flybynight
posted October 22, 1999 03:01 AM            
On a game I played online recently, the lag wasn't a problem. But, people were frozen, including me, for several seconds at a time. When I became unfrozen, I was located completely across the map. Oh yeah, I was also listed in 92,6xx place! I dont remember the whole number. The freezes were seriously annoying and not everyone seemed to be affected. I dont know why.

Net problem? Server being unminimized?

Don't know, anyway, that was the only problem I have had online, and it was weird.

cya online guys.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 22, 1999 03:03 AM            
Probably either:

Screen saver went on at the server or
The server admin was using the system for something else as well

IP:

mars
posted October 22, 1999 12:27 PM            
Or, as everyone avoids the possibility, a server in the route from player to game server could have momentarily went down, etc.. I hate when everyone always assumes that everything in between point A and B is perfect! Because it's not perfect. They could go down like any of our computers. And without notice, connections become flaky or something.
-MARS

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 22, 1999 04:08 PM            
My answer was for if everyone experienced the problem. Your solution is if only a few people experience the problem.

IP: