|
Author Topic:   All Related Game Suggestions and Comments - Part 3
mars
posted October 21, 1999 01:33 AM            
Welcome!
Well, this is cool, another thread. I guess you are right though Random, it is a pain in the but to go through a huge thread. It's almost like browsing an online catalog. So please people, post all your ideas and comments for the game here.
-MARS

------------------

When everything else has failed, send in the tanks!

IP:

mars
posted October 21, 1999 01:51 AM            
Ok, so I know I haven't posted much lately! That's cause I've had random Windows problems! - uhg! But I'm back now!
As you can see, I've made up for it in organization! Let's all post anything that could be included in those 3 new catagories I made, in them. This way there will be less threads and when threads get large we will just start another 'part'.
-MARS

P.S. Hopefully, the rest or atleast most of the rest of the threads will be flushed.

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 21, 1999 02:29 AM            
I love randomness

--Random Chaos

IP:

mars
posted October 21, 1999 07:22 AM            
I love randomness to but lately, I am not liking Windows! - But isn't this a normal feeling?
-MARS

P.S. Fusion Weapons!

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 21, 1999 09:50 AM            
Mars: See my responce to Fusion weapons in your tread "1" of this series. Maybe I should have posted it both locations, but then this thread would be way too long!

IP:

mars
posted October 22, 1999 01:27 AM            
Ya, I saw the response Random...pretty in depth! But really, all I was aiming at was that fission=splitting...fusion=joining. And knowing this we should have a Fusion bomb...however, you destroyed the 'futuristic' sense behind it! - oh, well. And I guess you can tell that I don't keep up to date with the millitary, nor am I a 'bible of knowledge' for the past. So, I didn't know they had one already(you can laugh now).
LOL
-MARS

P.S. Or at least I didn't know that the bombs I knew might have been fusion.

------------------

IP:

mars
posted October 22, 1999 12:29 PM            
What is a good frame rate on this game? And are we going to have the blow tourch in the next testing?
-MARS

------------------

IP:

Random Chaos
posted October 22, 1999 02:22 PM            
Well, my frame rate is usually between 45 and 75 FPS

IP:

LDA Jim
Administrator
posted October 22, 1999 02:23 PM            
I usually test play at a frame-rate of 20 to 30fps, 30+ when the action is light, dropping to 20 or so in a heavy crowd.

My development system is a pII 450 with a TNT 1 running under NT.

When Im designing landscapes and courses I like to see all the goodies, so I set the screen resolution back to 640x480 and then turn everything else on and up

bit depth 32, terrain tris 10,000, view 1000m, texture detail 512, dust 100%, treadmarks on, trilinear on, fog on and a high mesh.

I could turn the resolution up, but Id have to cut the fog or some other eye-candy.

If I turn the terrain tris down to 1000 the rate will jump to around 100fps [everything else still on], but I usually cut the view distance to avoid undulation of distant ridges. [Caused by there being too few triangles to go around.]

The TNT 1 really ramps up when the bit depth is set back to 16 and the terrain tris turned down.

Theres plenty of room to make adjustments for personal preferences. One nice thing about the Tread Marks engine is that you should be able to crank things up as faster hardware comes out.

IP: